I would like to know what procedure to use to Cleanly install the latest version of the Fortius software, v2.03, from a new disk which I will gladly purchase, after numerous hours and failed attempts to do a sequential update using the update files found on the Tacx VR website. I have found elsewhere on this forum, the following post by Fortius Magical Man, how to save my stored RLV's and rides, and remove all of the exisiting Tacx Program and registry Files.http://tacxforum.ilink.nl/viewtopic.php ... light=5005
Can someone confirm this procedure has worked for them before I do it?
For the record, here is what I did that resulted in a failed update and degenerated program functionality.
After 3.5 hours trying to update from Fortius 1.34VR/1.32 Menus by attempting to install each and every update and receiving error messages virtually every step of the way, now none of the VR courses load from the menu and Catalyst doesn't work at all. Here is exactly what I did.
1) From the tacxvr website copied the 4 current menu updates onto 4 disks.
2) Copied the 4 VR updates onto another 4 disks.
3) Inserted menu 2.00, installed fine.
4) Inserted VR2.00, error message:
Feature Transfer Error
Clicked OK and kicked to desktop, loading unsuccessful.
5) Attempted to load VR2.01, error message:
Setup has detected that version 1.33 of Fortius is already installed. You have to uninstall the previous version before you install this vesion.
6) Attempted to load Menu 2.01, error message:
This application cannot run using the active version of .Net Runtime. Please contact the application support team.
7) Loaded Menu 2.02 version, error message:
Feature Transfer Error
Rebooted the computer.
9) Used Windows Explorer to try to find and delete Fortius Version 1.33 so I could update the VR. I could not positively identify the file. So I deleted what I thought could be it.
a. Deleted the Fortius Application file in the TacxFortius folder
b. Deleted the FortiusVR file in the Imagic folder
c. Deleted the Fortius file in the Imagic folder.
d. Deleted the Fortius File in the TacxFortius folder.
e. Deleted the Fortius Imagic file from the registry.
10) Attempted to update once again with the error message:
Must remove version 1.33.000 before installing this version.
11) I deleted the entire TacxFortius Folder and its contents and pasted back the backup copy I had made before I started.
12) For some reason, I lost the Fortius Main Menu, so I loaded the update version 2.00 whch installed fine and added the Multiplayer bar. But now when I select VR I get kicked back to my desktop. And Catalyst doesn't work as stated earlier.
13) I used the system restore utility to restore my computer to a point before I made this mess. But I lost the Real Life Video bar on the Fortius Menu. So I restored back and installed the Menu Update 2.00 again so at least I have the RLV's.
I still would like to update so that I can use the VR courses and install the new Extreme MTB. I realize I did not go about this correctly. My computer knowledge is limited. I still have the original Fortius disk Version 1.30. What I am considering is deleting the entire TacxFortius Folder and Files including the registry files and starting from a BRAND NEW Fortius Program Disk v2.03.
This would seem to be the simplest and quickest solution. But do I have to delete the exisiting version first following Fortius Magical Man's suggested procedure? And if I delete the Fortius completely, can I start w/v1.30 and do an online update connecting to the internet and just click on on-line update to get me to the same latest version? Since I am not computer savy, I need detailed step by step instructions. Any help for updating and restoring a completely functioning Fortius program would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.