Tacx Neo drive train rumble and vibration

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

spacedyemeerkat

Tacx Neo drive train rumble and vibration

Post by spacedyemeerkat » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:53 pm

So I figured I'd pop my Specialized Roubaix Expert Di2 on my Neo since it has an 11-34 cassette, removing my 2015 Roubaix (11-32, non-Di2). The bike appears to be stable and the lower gears on both chainrings are fine. The problem seems to start in the higher gears evidenced by a rumbling sound and vibration through the pedals. I haven't been able to work out exactly where it's coming from but my suspicion is it's something to do with the chainring although I can't see or hear any chain rub.

Anyway, here's a video I shot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX22nXUJY5k

There's some more commentary in the video description.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing it, please?

ms6073

Re: Tacx Neo drive train rumble and vibration

Post by ms6073 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:06 pm

I am thinking the cassette spacing is ever so slightly different between the Neo's freehub and your bikes rear wheel. If your bike is on the trainer until spring time, you can adjust via Shimano's Di2 adjustment process. If you live in a milder climate where the bike comes off the trainer weekly, I would suggest figuring out which freehub is causing the issue and adjust by adding .5mm cassette spacers until it is as close as possible.
TTS 4.19.1 | T2800 NEO Smart
MSI GS70 Laptop | Windows 10 x64 | Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.40 GHz | 16 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz | GeForce GTX 870M
Samsung 32" LED TV

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”