Strava Upload and Login not working in 4.22.7

All information on TTS 4

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

Joe.griff

Re: Strava Upload and Login not working in 4.22.7

Post by Joe.griff » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:03 pm

I have the same problem, have informed tacx and strava they say they are working on a fix

Genius_user

Post by Genius_user » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:18 am

I can't upload TCX file to Strava either. Tried both Chrome and Edge.
Seems that this problem is caused by Strava?
Tacx Genius smart multiplayer

roguish

Post by roguish » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Just received this from TACX:
Menno - (Tacx Support team) (Tacx)
Jan 11, 07:29 CET
Hello

There is a bug on the Tacx Trainer software 4 since an update that Strava made.
Our software team is now investigating this to see if we can fix this and make an update for this.

You could do this manually through now
Import / Export - Export activity - TCX file and go to Strava.com and then do a manual import of this activity.

Kind Regards
Tacx Support
Rijksstraatweg 52 | 2241 BW Wassenaar | the Netherlands
support@tacx.com | www.tacx.com @tacxsupport
Need a quick solution, check out our support page: https://support.tacx.com

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:10 pm

roguish wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:07 pm

This is going to happen a lot in the future. It has happen a lot in the past and there is no reason to think it won't keep happening in the future. So after March 31, 2019, Tacx will not be fixing these problems. People need to be realistic in their expectations about trying to hang on to TTS4 and having all of its functions continue to work even if they have a locked down PC.

Blueberry

Post by Blueberry » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:49 pm

mcorn wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:10 pm
roguish wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:07 pm

This is going to happen a lot in the future. It has happen a lot in the past and there is no reason to think it won't keep happening in the future. So after March 31, 2019, Tacx will not be fixing these problems. People need to be realistic in their expectations about trying to hang on to TTS4 and having all of its functions continue to work even if they have a locked down PC.
I think you are right ... but that doesn`t change my anger towards Tacx ending the TTS support and leaving me with all my good old RLV... for the Strava upload you can easily use this workaround and it will not affect the use of TTS itself, but what if there will be a more serious problem in the future and nobody is there to help?

But enough of this ... this is the way it all goes ... and maybe somebody is able to develop a tiny little program )RLV only - no virtual world etc.) which we can use for our RLV instead of the TTS ... :roll:

pmyoung99

Post by pmyoung99 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:13 pm

The only problem I have encountered while uploading my GPS rides manually is the average power value. Strava estimates the average power when uploading manually but uses the actual average power when uploading automatically. Its a shame because the estimated average is always much lower than the actual power (or maybe the estimated power is correct and the power I'm seeing on the screen is 30w too high...but I'd prefer not to think about this :( )

Genius_user

Post by Genius_user » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Genius_user wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:18 am
I can't upload TCX file to Strava either. Tried both Chrome and Edge.
Seems that this problem is caused by Strava?
Is anybody having trouble importing TCX-files to Strava? I have tried 3 different files now and cant upload manually to Strava.
Tacx Genius smart multiplayer

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:47 pm

mcorn wrote:
People need to be realistic in their expectations about trying to hang on to TTS4 and having all of its functions continue to work even if they have a locked down PC.
Blueberry wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:49 pm
but what if there will be a more serious problem in the future and nobody is there to help?
Do not worry, we will find a solution together here. As soon as Tacx stops releasing TTS4 updates, it will become even easier.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Alex Masalovich wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:47 pm
mcorn wrote:
People need to be realistic in their expectations about trying to hang on to TTS4 and having all of its functions continue to work even if they have a locked down PC.
Blueberry wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:49 pm
but what if there will be a more serious problem in the future and nobody is there to help?
Do not worry, we will find a solution together here. As soon as Tacx stops releasing TTS4 updates, it will become even easier.
Alex-

I respect you and think you are very bright, but in this case I think you are engaging in very wishful thinking. I have a shelf full of old RLV's as well.

Without Tacx releasing the source code for the software, bugs are going to be very hard for anyone to fix.

In some ways, using TTS3 might be a better solution, at least for having a program that plays videos. I still have TTS3 loaded and it still works despite no updates in a long time.

A simple video player program would be the best solution, but without drivers, newer Tacx hardware will not work.

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:05 pm

mcorn wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:51 pm
Without Tacx releasing the source code for the software, bugs are going to be very hard for anyone to fix.
You and I have a different approach to solving problems. What are the bugs? Where do they come from? There are simple solutions to prevent any bugs.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:10 pm

Alex Masalovich wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:05 pm
mcorn wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:51 pm
You and I have a different approach to solving problems. What are the bugs? Where do they come from? There are simple solutions to prevent any bugs.
Bugs arise from third-party changes, like Strava. These do not have simple solutions. Any third-party dependencies can create them. They are nobody's fault, but unless you are able to develop patches for TTS4, it may end up not working at all. Simply locking down a version of Windows and TTS4 will not address this.

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:21 pm

mcorn wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:10 pm
Bugs arise from third-party changes, like Strava.
The presence or absence of Strava does not affect the training process in TTS4.
Personally, I do not need any online functions. Including therefore TDA is completely unacceptable for me.

Edgarini

Post by Edgarini » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:31 pm

One more time guys: There IS a workaround for this now:

TTS4>>TrainingPeaks>>(.pwx)>>Sportracks>>(.gpx)>>Strava

Nice to see that Tacx is recommending a solution that doesn't work (TTS4>>(.tcx)>>Strava.

The problem seems to be between Google and TTS4, as 3rd party rides without gps data upload fine, and Sportracks indeed recognizes that there is something is wrong w/ the gps data in the TTS export saying that "this page cannot load Google Maps correctly", but nonetheless manages to load the map in a watermarked "developer mode" and export a functional gpx file that Strava can read. (TrainingPeaks can deal with the gps data as well, but uses Mapbox not Google Maps)

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:38 pm

Alex Masalovich wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:21 pm
mcorn wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:10 pm
Bugs arise from third-party changes, like Strava.
The presence or absence of Strava does not affect the training process in TTS4.
Personally, I do not need any online functions. Including therefore TDA is completely unacceptable for me.
But many users want to be Internet connected and able to use the myriad of third-party functions from Google, Facebook, Strava, etc. etc.

I think the issue of how the cloud functions in TDA is a somewhat different one and needs to be improved.

Zouf

Post by Zouf » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:34 pm

"Personally, I do not need any online functions. Including therefore TDA is completely unacceptable for me."

After spending way more time than I wanted to install TTS4 and RLVs and... , all this after a bunch of trials with online apps (Zwift, Rouvy, SufferFest, TrainerRoad) - I think you're alone in that camp. The days of the dedicated app with dedicated interface that can run in an air-gapped PC in a Faraday cage in a bunker are over.

But of course the days of buying a program and using it for ever after that are over too, and the days of paying subscription services are with us. With that comes a few inconvenients (financial, of course), and many advantages (dear app supplier, if you don't fix the bugs, I'm out of here next month to somewhere less buggy).

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:57 pm

Zouf wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:34 pm
The days of the dedicated app with dedicated interface that can run in an air-gapped PC in a Faraday cage in a bunker are over.
When you're swearing because of the suddenly missing Internet or because of the suddenly frozen cloud, I'll be Cycling.

maico1

Post by maico1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:54 am

Hi,

What are options for software for a Genius, (not Genius Smart)? I don't think TDA works with that. I'm afraid other than TTS4 not much.

The upgrade to smart version was never offered here in the US but its too expensive anyway. This kind of means that my Genius (that I bought not that many years ago (2015) is basically worth nothing. I would not even be able to sell it. Everyone seems to want to do Zwift and it does not really work with Zwift. I don't really like Zwift but would just like to stick with TTS4 so hoping it does stay working for a while yet. Thanks and not trying to sound too negative and I know technology marches on.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:54 am

maico1 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:54 am
Hi,

What are options for software for a Genius, (not Genius Smart)? I don't think TDA works with that. I'm afraid other than TTS4 not much.

The upgrade to smart version was never offered here in the US but its too expensive anyway. This kind of means that my Genius (that I bought not that many years ago (2015) is basically worth nothing. I would not even be able to sell it. Everyone seems to want to do Zwift and it does not really work with Zwift. I don't really like Zwift but would just like to stick with TTS4 so hoping it does stay working for a while yet. Thanks and not trying to sound too negative and I know technology marches on.
There are not a lot of options other than staying with TTS4 for as long as it works or upgrading the electronics part of your genius brake if you can find one. I think many would find this cost prohibitive. You could possibly save some money by getting a complex Vortex Smart replacement brake, which would fit on your frame. The Vortex does not have the power of a Genius, but is more than enough for most.

frankhertz

Post by frankhertz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Interesting. Up until last week the suggestion from Tacx ("You could do this manually through now
Import / Export - Export activity - TCX file and go to Strava.com and then do a manual import of this activity.") worked just fine for me. I expect to try again sometime this week. However I am using TTS4.23.
Harry

Zouf

Post by Zouf » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:41 pm

"When you're swearing because of the suddenly missing Internet or because of the suddenly frozen cloud, I'll be Cycling."

True. Although my experience so far (doing trials since November, TDA, Zwift, SufferFest and TrainerRoad) has been really good.

Return to “Tacx Trainer software 4”