Unable to process GPS ride

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

jaricketts

Unable to process GPS ride

Post by jaricketts » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:32 pm

I've just tried to upload a GPS ride and was unsuccessful, I'm getting a message to say the file could not be processed. Anyone else having the same problem? I've tried a different copy of the file, I've tried a different memory stick to transfer the file, I've tried a different copy process and still the file will not upload so I can ride it. With one upload attempt it would go into my workouts, but I couldn't get a start button to ride it. Any suggestions welcome.

mcorn

Re: Unable to process GPS ride

Post by mcorn » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:50 pm

jaricketts wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:32 pm
I've just tried to upload a GPS ride and was unsuccessful, I'm getting a message to say the file could not be processed. Anyone else having the same problem? I've tried a different copy of the file, I've tried a different memory stick to transfer the file, I've tried a different copy process and still the file will not upload so I can ride it. With one upload attempt it would go into my workouts, but I couldn't get a start button to ride it. Any suggestions welcome.
Sometimes TDA will reject a GPX file if it does not conform to GPX standards. Sometimes the file has an incorrect header or formatting errors. Sometimes, certain data is missing, like altitude. There are lots of GPX files out there that are defective.

So, what is the source of the file?

There are online sites where you can check and cleanup GPX files.

jaricketts

Post by jaricketts » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:25 am

Thanks for the reply Mcorn. The source of the file is RidewithGPS. This is the twenty-eighth file of a circular ride around South Africa. The other twenty-seven have worked perfectly. I plot the route, download the file as a track, process it through 3DRoutebuilder and then upload it into TDA, I've never encountered a problem before and will try again today with other files I have uploaded without problem and make sure its not a problem with the memory stick I am using to transfer the file from one computer to the other. Can you let me know which sites I can use to check the quality of the GPX file and I'll do that as well.

jaricketts

Post by jaricketts » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:01 pm

It must have been a glitch yesterday as I've just uploaded the file no problem. I first tried a file I previously uploaded and then the "problem" file, with no issues, so I'm off to ride this route now. Thanks for your help.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:24 pm

jaricketts wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:25 am
I plot the route, download the file as a track, process it through 3DRoutebuilder and then upload it into TDA
Did not know you had 3DRoutbuilder. It is a good way to clean up GPX files. I use it as well. Another online site:

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/

Must have been a problem with the TDA cloud.

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”