Satori Smart Calibration Issues

Satori, Swing, Sirius, Speedmatic, Rollers

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Fortius Magical Man, Nasz

Alex Masalovich

Re: Satori Smart Calibration Issues

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:08 am

rollo wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:06 pm
Have no idea how to post image here and make it works
You must be able to determine the url-address of the image. This is not always easy. I edited your message.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:32 am

rollo wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:09 pm
Can you please explain how it works IRL with examples. What changes i will get except real power i need to apply to cranks? BTW for me possible range of regulations is pretty tight there. Little more - and I'm out of "green area" of calibration. Little less and tire starts to sleep on roller.
The color of the calibration zone is only a guideline. The red zone is not a restricted area. In the entire color spectrum, the calibration value in the form of a coefficient is determined.

How to inflate the power and speed readings (quick guide)

The first method (non-configurable). Calibrate before warming up, not after it.

The second method (customizable, including using external sensor readings).
1) Increase the force of pressing the roller to the tyre.
2) Perform calibration in the Tacx application.
3) Loosen the force of pressing the roller against the tyre so that the power and/or speed readings in the Tacx application correspond to the readings of the external sensor or to your desire.
This method can be called manual calibration.

ptrwllrd

Post by ptrwllrd » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:07 pm

> All of a sudden, after no issues previously my 18 month old Satori Smart will not calibrate.

Boy, am I happy I'm not alone in this. My Satori exhibits the exact symptoms as OP described. I guess I will send an email to Tacx support like on of you suggested

WillyCycles

Post by WillyCycles » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:46 pm

For everyone’s knowledge, I have been emailing TacX support. Their latest response was that they did some testing and have now seen the problem we are all reporting. They have sent the problem on to their software team yo find a solution. Hopefully they can get an update out quickly so we don’t have to keep training with arbitrary numbers.

a.mae

Post by a.mae » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:30 am

I just got my new Satori smart trainer and cannot get it to calibrate. I seem to have the opposite issue of many, no matter how I adjust I still get the message that the brake is too tight and should be loosened. I have loosened it as much as possible. I am using the Tacx training tire and the Tacx training app. Any help? Also, what are the consequences of using the bike when it is not properly calibrated? Thanks

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:39 am

a.mae wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:30 am
I seem to have the opposite issue of many, no matter how I adjust I still get the message that the brake is too tight and should be loosened. I have loosened it as much as possible.
What position for the resistance unit have you chosen? Check this.
a.mae wrote:
Also, what are the consequences of using the bike when it is not properly calibrated? Thanks
Focus on your feelings. Does this look like cycling outdoor or not?
Calibration is needed in order to correlate the data of your workouts, held at different times.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:41 pm

a.mae wrote:
Also, what are the consequences of using the bike when it is not properly calibrated?
The purpose of calibration is to try to make your speed and power numbers as accurate as possible. There is nothing magic about the red and green zone, but if the roller is too loose you will generate heat and too much wear on the tire due to slippage. If it is too tight, you will put excessive wear on the moving parts.

WillyCycles

Post by WillyCycles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Has anyone else who’s emailed TacX support heard much back yet? It’s getting cold here so I was hoping for at least a quick fix for Apple iOS users

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:56 pm

How to download older versions of iOS apps:
https://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/12/2 ... -ios-apps/
Very complicated procedure. I do not like Apple.

Brawk18

Post by Brawk18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:20 pm

WillyCycles wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:30 pm
Has anyone else who’s emailed TacX support heard much back yet? It’s getting cold here so I was hoping for at least a quick fix for Apple iOS users
Yes I have emailed them as well. They suggested cleaning my roller and tire to prevent slippage. I have and it made no difference. I also explained that this issue has appeared after the firmware update not a gradual build up of dirt etc. Waiting for a reply from tacx.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Brawk18 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:20 pm
WillyCycles wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:30 pm
Yes I have emailed them as well. They suggested cleaning my roller and tire to prevent slippage. I have and it made no difference. I also explained that this issue has appeared after the firmware update not a gradual build up of dirt etc. Waiting for a reply from tacx.
That is odd. In a previous post WillyCycles said:
WillyCycles wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:46 pm
Their latest response was that they did some testing and have now seen the problem we are all reporting. They have sent the problem on to their software team yo find a solution.
Not sure why they would tell you to clean the roller if they had seen the problem and were asking the software team to fix it.

nicolob

Post by nicolob » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Hey, yeah I have had a reply from support:

My email (Nov 15th):
Hi,

I can see a forum post is growing around this issue: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35261&start=20#p209975

I am suffering the same thing, but would like to know when we can expect a fix?
Their response (Nov 16th):
Dear,

We are very sorry to hear this.
Tacx is indeed aware of this message and is working hard on a solution.
We hope after the weekend
Kind Regards

Tacx Support

ptrwllrd

Post by ptrwllrd » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 pm

I can confirm that they have acknowledged the issue after my email as well.
We have been testing this the past days and also see the issues now.
We have forwarded all the information to our software team.
They will further investigate this and will see if they can make a fix for this asap.

tucorides

Post by tucorides » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi Folks - well... my issue the last couple days (Nov 16, 17, 18, 2018) is that when I try to calibrate, the app is nowhere near accurate with the speed I'm pedaling.
So... you are told to spin up to 30km and then stop and let the wheel stop... but I have barely even touched the pedals... and the app shows me jumping to 10, 15, 25km in seconds... and in reality I'm pedalling probably at about 7km/hr.

So... I've ridden Zwift the last few days anyway... without calibrating.
And the app seems to show me riding about 10km faster than what Zwift thinks I'm riding at. So, the problem would appear to the be the app, not my satori smart trainer.
I'm using the app on IOS by the way.

Anyone else getting that problem? Can't calibrate because the speed is obviously inaccurate?

**OH my Bad... sorry... this exactly what the first person reported!!!! Ahhh!! Well, anyway... ME TOO AND ME NEED A FIX!!! :o

Return to “Cycletrainers - Rollers”