Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

Post Reply
Manfred
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by Manfred » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:28 pm

I am a beginner with Tacx Desktop Version 1.2. (5) and use a Mac High Sierra 10.13.2.
When I climb Mont Ventoux and ride about 8 km I save and see my activity.
It is a yellow line. But if I choose this line the movie always starts from the very beginning, not from the 8 km point.
So I would have to do the whole ride again. I want to start from the point I ended yesterday.

Please can you give me some advice? Thank you
Manfred from Vienna

mcorn
Moderator
Posts: 7691
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: USA, Bellingham, Washington

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by mcorn » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:06 am

There is no resume where you left off function (yet), but you can create a course starting and ending anywhere you want. So, you could create a new course starting where your last ride left off. Alternatively, you could initially create a series of courses for the entire ride (say 5 miles each) and ride them in sequence. This may not be ideal or highly convenient, but is probably the best for now.

Manfred
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by Manfred » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:34 am

Thank you!
I can do this on my iPad with the Cycling App, but how can I create a new course (or start / end point) on the Desktop App? I could not find the right button yet...

May I ask for one more help. Thank you

Manfred

mcorn
Moderator
Posts: 7691
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: USA, Bellingham, Washington

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by mcorn » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:52 pm

When you open a course, you should see a Create Course button in the upper right hand corner. You click on it and use sliders for the start and stop points (at least this is the way it is in the Windows version).

Manfred
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by Manfred » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:20 pm

Thank you!
There seems to be no "Create a course" button in the Mac version.
It works perfect on the Cycling App for the iPad.
Still no solution...

mcorn
Moderator
Posts: 7691
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: USA, Bellingham, Washington

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by mcorn » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:57 pm

Manfred wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:20 pm
Thank you!
There seems to be no "Create a course" button in the Mac version.
It works perfect on the Cycling App for the iPad.
Still no solution...
Sorry to hear that. They must be a bit behind the Windows version. My guess is this feature is on the list for the Mac version.

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3808
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:49 am

The Mac version will get the course creation button probably with the next Mac update. A proper ‘continue ride’ button is also on the way.

pfont
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:49 am

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by pfont » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:55 am

Tacx Video Production wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:49 am
The Mac version will get the course creation button probably with the next Mac update. A proper ‘continue ride’ button is also on the way.
Wow, I hope I have enough processing power for these advanced features!! Three cheers for the presumably one dude in a storage closet sleeping 18 hours a day in charge of the software division for the last 10 years.

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3808
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by Tacx Video Production » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:13 pm

It’s not just the button, it’s also workouts, 3D GPX based maps & the live opponents that show everyone else that’s riding your chosen route plus a bunch of other stuff...it’s a fair bit to port over from the PC W10 version

Jon Kirby
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by Jon Kirby » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:36 am

My work around for continuing a ride after taking a break on TDA for Mac is simple. Don't close TDA when you take a break. Just hit the yellow circle in the top left corner of your screen. This collapses the view and places the app in your menu bar at the bottom of your screen. The app remains live. When you want to start your ride, click on the TDA icon (Not the TACX button) at the bottom of your screen and start peddling.

bigskypylot
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by bigskypylot » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Tacx Video Production wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:49 am
The Mac version will get the course creation button probably with the next Mac update. A proper ‘continue ride’ button is also on the way.
Will this be the case for 3D GPS rides as well?

Thanks!

mcorn
Moderator
Posts: 7691
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: USA, Bellingham, Washington

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by mcorn » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:51 pm

bigskypylot wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:42 pm
Tacx Video Production wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:49 am
The Mac version will get the course creation button probably with the next Mac update. A proper ‘continue ride’ button is also on the way.
Will this be the case for 3D GPS rides as well?

Thanks!
There currently is no GPS course creation function in the Windows version either, but I am told it is on the way.

bigskypylot
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by bigskypylot » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:52 pm

mcorn wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:51 pm
bigskypylot wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:42 pm
Tacx Video Production wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:49 am
The Mac version will get the course creation button probably with the next Mac update. A proper ‘continue ride’ button is also on the way.
Will this be the case for 3D GPS rides as well?

Thanks!
There currently is no GPS course creation function in the Windows version either, but I am told it is on the way.
Okay, well, I guess what I am getting at is that when I upload a GPX file for a particular trail or ride that is quite long (e.g. Maah-Daah-Hey Trail), It would be great if you could save the ride at any spot and pick it back up from that point on. Is that what you mean as far as course?

mcorn
Moderator
Posts: 7691
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: USA, Bellingham, Washington

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by mcorn » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:02 pm

bigskypylot wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Okay, well, I guess what I am getting at is that when I upload a GPX file for a particular trail or ride that is quite long (e.g. Maah-Daah-Hey Trail), It would be great if you could save the ride at any spot and pick it back up from that point on. Is that what you mean as far as course?
I'm not sure that the continue ride function is in the near term, but I am told the GPS course creation function is. The course creation function at least allows you to break up a long GPS ride into smaller segments.

bigskypylot
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Tacx Desktop App Start a climb next day from yesterdays end point

Post by bigskypylot » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:29 pm

mcorn wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:02 pm
bigskypylot wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Okay, well, I guess what I am getting at is that when I upload a GPX file for a particular trail or ride that is quite long (e.g. Maah-Daah-Hey Trail), It would be great if you could save the ride at any spot and pick it back up from that point on. Is that what you mean as far as course?
I'm not sure that the continue ride function is in the near term, but I am told the GPS course creation function is. The course creation function at least allows you to break up a long GPS ride into smaller segments.
Good to know! I would welcome the "Continue Course" option as well. Baby steps, I suppose :)

Post Reply

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests