no readings from Neo after connecting via blue tooth

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Nasz, Lunatix

Gordonk

no readings from Neo after connecting via blue tooth

Post by Gordonk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:20 pm

windows 10 external blue tooth dongle. When I go to the device screen the Neo is there and I select all but there seems to be no transmission of data from the Neo. When I open a film and pedal nothing happens, it stays on the pedal to start or escape message.
When I look at the blue tooth settings in windows the Neo appears but under the driver details there is a warning message that a kernal was not migrated saying it was an ambiguous kernal and further actions are needed to install.
AMD Phenom X2 1055T 6 core
8G RAM
XFX Radeon HD 6950 1Gig video
60 Gig SSD harddrive for OS
1 Terabyte storage drive
Windows 7 64 bit
FORTIUS MOTORBRAKE
TTS 4.9.1
TTS3 3.12

Tacx Video Production

Re: no readings from Neo after connecting via blue tooth

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:00 pm

Gordonk wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:20 pm
windows 10 external blue tooth dongle. When I go to the device screen the Neo is there and I select all but there seems to be no transmission of data from the Neo. When I open a film and pedal nothing happens, it stays on the pedal to start or escape message.
When I look at the blue tooth settings in windows the Neo appears but under the driver details there is a warning message that a kernal was not migrated saying it was an ambiguous kernal and further actions are needed to install.
The top right there is a support button be sure to send the question via this. Tom is the guy you need if you can find him on the FB pages. But I think Tacx support will by now have a good idea of how to solve this one....Me Ive no idea what that error message means. Have you tried the dongle with any other software? I would try to google the error also as its Sunday.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:54 pm

On occasions, I have had similar problems, but they are usually resolved by rebooting the BT transmitter and brake (unplugging, then replugging) and sometimes rebooting the PC as well. Be sure there are no other Bluetooth or ANT+ devices trying to access the brake or other sensors.

Gordonk

Post by Gordonk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. the problem is resolved. I believe there was a conflict between my phone and the computer. Once I turned blue tooth off on my phone, then deleted the Neo blue tooth connection from the computer and rebooted every thing and repared the neo with the computer everything is now working.

Gordo
AMD Phenom X2 1055T 6 core
8G RAM
XFX Radeon HD 6950 1Gig video
60 Gig SSD harddrive for OS
1 Terabyte storage drive
Windows 7 64 bit
FORTIUS MOTORBRAKE
TTS 4.9.1
TTS3 3.12

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Gordonk wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:06 pm
Thank you for the suggestions. the problem is resolved. I believe there was a conflict between my phone and the computer. Once I turned blue tooth off on my phone, then deleted the Neo blue tooth connection from the computer and rebooted every thing and repared the neo with the computer everything is now working.

Gordo
Generally, if it is only a sensor (like heart rate or speed), multiple devices can access the sensor at the same time, including doing both BT and ANT+ at the same time. But if the device also receives signals and acts on them, you can get problems. Your NEO brake both sends and receives signals.

bigskypylot

Post by bigskypylot » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Same thing is happening to me. I rebooted, unplugged and still doesnt want to connect. It shows the Tacx Neo and simulator. The simulator connects while the Neo doesnt. The bluetooth light on the Neo is illuminated. It will not connect in Rouvy either. I ordered a new BT4.0 Dongle as I'm using an old laptop circa 2013 running windows 10. Perhaps that may help? Is there something going on in the Neo itself?

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:46 pm

bigskypylot wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:21 pm
Same thing is happening to me. I rebooted, unplugged and still doesnt want to connect. It shows the Tacx Neo and simulator. The simulator connects while the Neo doesnt. The bluetooth light on the Neo is illuminated. It will not connect in Rouvy either. I ordered a new BT4.0 Dongle as I'm using an old laptop circa 2013 running windows 10. Perhaps that may help? Is there something going on in the Neo itself?
On occasion I have TDA BT connection issues. To remedy I do the following:

1. Close TDA
2. Unplug BT transmitter and then restart.
3. Unplug Brake and then restart.
4. Restart TDA
5. Go to Device page
6. Select select all for Neo (not simulator) - when Neo is both recognized and connected, NEO symbol will change from greyed to bright
7. Turn crank to confirm you are receiving NEO data
8. Confirm HR and any other sensors are also connected (going from grey to bright)

bigskypylot

Post by bigskypylot » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:52 am

I'll try again but none 0f that worked when I tried it. ANT+ for TTS4 isn't working either or with Rouvy.for that matter.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:37 am

bigskypylot wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:52 am
ANT+ for TTS4 isn't working either or with Rouvy.for that matter.
This is beginning to sound like some other kind of problem. Have you tried any of the Tacx mobile apps. I would start with the utility app. I assume you are not trying to use ANT+ and BT transmitters at the same time on your computer.

bigskypylot

Post by bigskypylot » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:21 pm

ANT+ dongle is unplugged. Tried to use TDA on my phone and does not find TACX NEO.

bigskypylot

Post by bigskypylot » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Tacx utility app tells me to contact tacx. I have Paul from Clever training trying to help me out. Going to try new bluetooth dongle on Friday when it arrives

bigskypylot

Post by bigskypylot » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Trying to attach screenshots but wont let me. I'm convinced it's a bad unit

Spiix
Developer

Post by Spiix » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:29 pm

It sure sounds like something bad happened to the trainer.
I would suggest contacting Tacx support https://support.tacx.com/hc/en-us

bigskypylot

Post by bigskypylot » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:09 pm

I just got it a month ago. It happened the first time I used the TDA lol

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:45 pm

bigskypylot wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:09 pm
I just got it a month ago. It happened the first time I used the TDA lol
Really would not have anything to do with TDA. Just a coincidence. But it is very disappointing to have an expensive trainer fail quickly.

Even if you are working with your dealer, it wouldn't hurt to contact Tacx Support at the link above or at support@tacx.com. In my experience, dealers often do not know much about a product although they may be the best place to get warranty service as the dealer can run interference for you.

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”