Genius Smart cannot be controlled by Zwift

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Nasz

deca2499

Genius Smart cannot be controlled by Zwift

Post by deca2499 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Any one else had an issue where the trainer is talking to the computer but not being controlled by it?

I have a Genius Smart and I have the problem where at a minimum, half the time I try to use the trainer it loses the ability to be controlled by the Zwift app. It talks to the computer as I am getting power readings from it but does not give me the resistance it is supposed to. The only way it seems I get higher power readings from it is to spin faster. Obviously, the problem with that is you do not really get good strength training.

Would like to know if there is a way to 'reset' the devise and try again. I have removed it from Zwift and unplugged the trainer, then plugged it back in and re-added the trainer back in, however, it does not always work. This is really getting annoying and these headaches are not what I bought into.

Any ideas on help? :x

Thanks!

mcorn

Re: Genius Smart cannot be controlled by Zwift

Post by mcorn » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:41 pm

I would first try to ensure the problem is not with Zwift. Have you used the brake with other applications like TTS or the mobile apps. If you have similar problems with everything, then there may be a problem with your brake. If it works correctly with some programs but not others, then I would be looking at whether you have either a Bluetooth or ANT+ problem and try to figure out if it only occurs with one of them.

I do not use Zwift, but I understand it operates on either Bluetooth or ANT+. I don't know which one you are using. But I would be sure you are not trying to have both Bluetooth and ANT+ active simultaneously for your brake. That might confuse the resistance control part of the brake.

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”