Why won't Tacx allow my Bushido for Tablet (T2790) to be controllable via bluetooth?

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

petec_7

Why won't Tacx allow my Bushido for Tablet (T2790) to be controllable via bluetooth?

Post by petec_7 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:10 am

The Bushido for Tablet is a great piece of hardware but I'm really confused why Tacx won't allow it to be controllable via bluetooth on 3rd party apps such as Zwift and Trainer Road???

Is it just because they couldn't be bothered and want to force Bushido for tablet users to fork out ~AUD750 and purchase a smart Bushido (T2780)? By the way, no way I would do that...

It seems the official line from Tacx is that the Bushido for tablet is "not a smart trainer" which is totally wrong since everything works fine via the Tacx training app...

mcorn

Re: Why won't Tacx allow my Bushido for Tablet (T2790) to be controllable via bluetooth?

Post by mcorn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:20 pm

petec_7

Re: Why won't Tacx allow my Bushido for Tablet (T2790) to be controllable via bluetooth?

Post by petec_7 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Yep saw some of those already.

There's this one too https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/comm ... for-Tablet.

My understanding from reading those posts is that:

1) Tacx's bluetooth is currently not able to talk with 3rd party programs like Zwift.
2) Some have been able to get their Bushido for tablets to work with Zwift (i.e. update via the Tacx utility) but my guess is that those Bushido for tablets shipped with Bushido smart electro units (part T2784.11) and so once the firmware was updated then they essentially functioned the same as a Bushido smart.

Anyway, there's a few conflicting posts out there but that's my read of the situation...

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”