Postby hamsey » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:57 pm

Not sure where to put this but this looks interesting:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/09/an-e ... gle+Reader

Anybody know anything else?
Norm, Connecticut
Bushido 2011 W7 64 TTS3.13
hamsey

Postby malfukt » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:59 pm

As the article states, Tacx are looking at release early 2013.. Not had beta version to test as yet :o
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
GENIUS
TTS 3.12 & 4.11 & beta vers TTS&ANDROID App
malfukt

Postby mcorn » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Not really sure what real need an IPAD app addresses. Unlike a mobile phone, An IPAD is too large to mount on the handlebars. The screen itself is too small for visual feedback from any distance and a tablet isn't going to be able to run TTS4. Also not sure why you would want to lock yourself into Apple as its pricing will insure that it is not the dominant system in the tablet market.

I hate to see Tacx putting devlepment resources into yet another new product when the current ones have their share of bugs.
mcorn

Postby martin_vortex » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:31 pm

mcorn: Not really sure what real need an IPAD app addresses. Unlike a mobile phone, An IPAD is too large to mount on the handlebars. The screen itself is too small for visual feedback from any distance and a tablet isn't going to be able to run TTS4. Also not sure why you would want to lock yourself into Apple as its pricing will insure that it is not the dominant system in the tablet market.

I hate to see Tacx putting devlepment resources into yet another new product when the current ones have their share of bugs.

Thanks to the excellent help and info of you and others on this forum and the beta testing circle they can save on helpdesk/support employees. These saving are a nice start for (who is waiting for) ipad application investments :wink:
I thought of that while riding my bike.
Albert Einstein
On the Theory of Relativity.
Raid Pyrenees challenge map: http://goo.gl/maps/BSQAV
martin_vortex

Postby hamsey » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Do not own an iPad. Just thought I would share the info. I agree that they should fix the current products before designing new ones.
Norm, Connecticut
Bushido 2011 W7 64 TTS3.13
hamsey

Postby track-rider » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:58 pm

I really hope that this is stable software.

I would buy this package simply to get the course creator software. Creating courses on my Bushido's head unit is painful.
track-rider

Postby sgarnier » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Sure that once available, TACX will sell thousands of packages.
sgarnier

Postby martin_vortex » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Sure that once available, TACX will sell thousands of packages.

You may be right, I heard the official release will be in Oberhausen (iPhone5 release: people fighting and fainting)
Albert Einstein
martin_vortex

Postby mcorn » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:51 pm

sgarnier wrote:Sure that once available, TACX will sell thousands of packages.

Why would you assume that?
mcorn

Postby sgarnier » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:47 am

People are fond of new technology.
sgarnier

Postby track-rider » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:44 pm

mcorn wrote:
sgarnier wrote:Sure that once available, TACX will sell thousands of packages.

Why would you assume that?

Because the current Tacx head units are crap, and people will jump at the chance to replace them with something that actually works.

As an example, my Bushido head unit crashes if I push a button too many times within a certain amount of time. This is a long standing and unfixed bug.

The iPad app doesn't appear to be a replacement for TTS. It is simply a more functional and interactive replacement for the existing head units.
track-rider

Postby mcorn » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:52 pm

I agree the Bushido head unit is not great, but I have a hard time thinking people will spend another $400 to $800 for an iPAD as a replacement for the handlebar unit. If it were going to go that route, it would make more sense to write an app for less expensive tablets or mobile phones or simply modify the PC program itself (TTS) and bypass the handlebar unit altogether. It would be just about as easy to have a laptop sit next to a bike as a tablet.
mcorn

Postby Remi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:05 pm

I don't see what's the problem with Tacx developing apps for other platforms as an alternative for TTS.

I've been using TTS for years and I agree with you when you say it's buggy .. heck, it's buggy as hell! ... and the process of calibrating everything and firing it up is time consuming .. it's soo darn slooooooww! As consumers we have a right to demand updates but there's so much that can be done in the windows multitude of hardware/software system without constant rewrites. It'll never be perfect, no windows software ever is.

I do own an iPad and because iOS is way more stable and faster to get up and running than any windows system .. YES, I would very much welcome an app as an option to workout with my iPad (and my iPhone) and my Bushido.
Bottom end is, I need to get my workouts done ... and I need them on the cloud for my coach to follow up ... and I dispense the slowliness of TTS on most of my trainings cause I just got to get to work .. and to life!

Also, consider the odd traveling/family vacations/country house for the weekends, situation: It's way simpler to just take your bike/bushido and set it up on the porch using an iPhone and get your trainings straight to Garmin Connect or Strava or whatever, using the phone's or tablet's cloud/internet capability. It's neater. It's simpler.

Android users will benefit too, if Tacx goes down "that" road.

Support Tacx for going the extra mileage and giving us options.
Remi

Postby thebigoneinfront » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Remi wrote:I do own an iPad and because iOS is way more stable and faster to get up and running than any windows system.

I use my iPad quite heavily (such as right now) and like it. Still, having to change Easter and Easter Monday 2013 to non-full day events since the calendar will crash otherwise when asked to show March 2013, or the "today" button being fully non-functional unless you switch to another month first are just examples of nuisances. The iPad is just as buggy as TTS may be.
thebigoneinfront

Postby martin_vortex » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:30 pm

I think some of us are simply concerned about all the “innovations”. Of course every specific system, specific platform or specific software application has his specific advantages. But after building something you have to maintain it. And all this cost resources. Hopefully Tacx has an unlimited source of resources
Albert Einstein
martin_vortex

Re: iPad app

Postby track-rider » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:27 am

Has there been any advance on this?

I'd love to get my hands on the new app.
track-rider

Postby track-rider » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:27 am

We're almost at the end of February and there's still no sign of the iPad app.

Does anybody know what this app is going to be available?
track-rider

Postby Lunatix » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:39 pm

Honestly Nor the beta testers or me has had any hands on on this. But we'll all just have to wait and see :))
Lunatix
Site Admin

Postby ms6073 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:37 pm

track-rider wrote:Does anybody know what this app is going to be available?
Those of us with a long history of using Tacx software will tell you that Tacx usually starts its marketing campaign for new products near the end of the summer and typically (but not always) releases new applications by the fall.
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5 GHz
16Gb DDR3 1600 MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M 6GB GDDR5
Super RAID 2 (128 GB SSD x 2 RAID 0) + 1 TB HDD
Samsung 32" LED TV
Windows 7 Pro SP2 64-Bit | TTS 4.12.4 | FORTIUS
Windows 8.1 64-Bit | TTS 4.12.4 | BUSHIDO
ms6073

Postby thebigoneinfront » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:33 pm

The big trade fair here is Eurobike that always is end August/start September. All of the cycling industry tell then and there what they plan to do the following year. Don't expect anything you see then and there prior to March, though, or whenever the season for it starts the following year.
thebigoneinfront

Next

Return to Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Upgrade PC