First of all, thank you for the response.
I had looked at the epoxy fix section, and will look at it again. The "slippage" I see is, as far as I can tell, side to side, which I gather is what this other forum is describing as "loose". So this steel sleeve is like a larger diameter cylinder over another smaller diameter cylinder, and has come loose from the smaller one, what, because the epoxy has slowly come unattached? I'm grasping for the correct description here, but I assume re-drilling these holes and putting in new epoxy would remove this side to side slippage, right?
Sounds a lot cheaper that a new motor brake--estimating $250 for this--and a new power supply--don't have a price for this yet, but I'd be interested to find out.
Here in Minnesota, we're in the prime of the trainer usage season, so I wonder how long I can hold out with this noisy unit.
As far as calibration goes, again, I see no way to set it using the TTS3 software. It does seem to get set automatically. I still have the Fortius software available, so I suppose I could use that, as I used to, every time I switched my bike onto the trainer, after taking my wife's bike off. I would run maybe 2 minutes at most to calibrate, which was too little I see, but again, we're talking constant switching of bikes between two of us.
And I do find it amusing that I cannot exceed, well, 28-29 mph with the old hardware I have, especially going down hills that are 5%, 10%, or more. More amusing than that though, is why I would want to train going down a hill for five or ten miles.
Getting back to the epoxy fix, I'm willing to try it if a) there is a high probability it will work, b) there is a high probability that if I don't do it, the motor brake will quit working on me, and c) I know where I will be able to buy a new motor brake and power supply, and for how much. Probably knowing the "how much" will allow me to accept a lower probability for the "will work" part. I mean the thing is getting really noisy!
-Rich of Eagan, MN