VR interface driver

Information about 32/64 bit on all OS systems and software versions

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

VR interface driver

Postby tofoster » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:01 pm

I just purchased a fortius multiplayer (came with v 2.03) and a new computer running Windows 7 64-bit (I was told/sold that it was now compatible). I cannot get my computer to recognize the VR interface...it can't find the driver. I have gone online and downloaded v 2.04 but that has not helped. Is there a place I can go to just get an updated driver. It's probably obvious but I a newbie on this trainer...or will be if I can get it running.
tofoster

Postby PeterDK » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:15 pm

To the best of my understanding from this forum Fortius will not run on a 64-bit machine

Sorry.

If I'am wrong please correct me.

br,
Peter
PeterDK

Postby Howsteepisit » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:16 pm

You need TTS 2 to run under windows 64 bit. Your other choice is to reformat your computer with either win 7 32 bit of XP 32 bit. Fortius software does nopt run under 64 bit
Howsteepisit

Postby tofoster » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Being new to this, I'm a little confused. Is TTS2 just a newer version of the Fortius software? Will it allow all functionality?
tofoster

Postby Howsteepisit » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:43 pm

TTS is TACX's new software that is replacing the older Fortius software. It provides more funtionality than the Fortius. I kow when I bought my trainer I made sure that the TTS was included in the package. Accordoing to TACX, they will not develop 64 bit drivers for the Fortius software, only the TTS 2. I kow its confusing, I spent an inordinate mount of time in these forums to be sure of what I was buying. I also believe that although there are some users who have real problems there is a lot of us who have few to no problems, but no reason to post on the forums so our voices go mostly unheard.
Howsteepisit

Postby tofoster » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:05 pm

OK, this is pretty frustrating. It turns out that there was a TTS2 dvd shipped with the unit. I uninstalled the fortius software and have attempted to load the TTS2. The install wizard loads but I keep getting a message to insert the disc...even with the disc in. I have reinserted it a number of times with no luck. Any suggestions?
tofoster

Postby mcorn » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:03 pm

tofoster wrote:OK, this is pretty frustrating. It turns out that there was a TTS2 dvd shipped with the unit. I uninstalled the fortius software and have attempted to load the TTS2. The install wizard loads but I keep getting a message to insert the disc...even with the disc in. I have reinserted it a number of times with no luck. Any suggestions?

This is odd, because there is someone else with the same problem:

http://forum.tacx.com/viewtopic.php?t=11176

There may be a batch of bad discs. You should contact your dealer and/or send an email to support@tacx.nl. If you can borrow a disc from someone else, you can install and use the serial number on the small sticker in the case to register and validate.
mcorn

Postby thebigoneinfront » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:20 pm

If I understand you correctly, the DVD does at least start the installer and quits only after a bit into the installation and it's not your DVD that is physically damaged. Some people who had to remove Fortius software first were successful by unistalling .net 1.1, see http://forum.tacx.com/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... 48bec49764.
I had the same error and got rid of it by uninstalling .NET 1.1, enabling .NET 3.5 in Win 7, and by following mcorn's advice and installing ffdshow 64 bit, installing DirectX, Visual C++ and XMA directly from Microsoft's download center prior to the then successful attempt to install TTS2. Not to forget updating everything that could be updated, from BIOS to audio and video drivers. After installing TTS2, I removed ffdshow again. So I cannot tell which single action was responsible for success. But I happily cycle on my Fortius now under TTS2, while the weather outside is cold and grey and ugh.. Good luck!
thebigoneinfront

Return to Windows 7 and others