Bushido T2780 + Mac No resistance or cadence

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Steve Newton, Nasz, Lunatix

Russell_C

Bushido T2780 + Mac No resistance or cadence

Post by Russell_C » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 am

Hello, I am a complete newbie to all of this having just taken delivery of a Bushido.
I have connected it to my 2013 MacBook Air running Mojave 10.14
Downloaded the Mac Desktop App & tried out a couple of films.
It runs ok but only registers speed & watts, the trainer brake doesn't respond to inclines. Only the speed reported on the screen decreases for the same pedalling speed. The lights on the trainer are working and vary between green - amber and red according to my effort.

Do I need to do something else to get the resistance & cadence working? I noticed it mentions in the support pages to check the electronic brake is firmly attached to the roller, it does seem to be.

Thanks in advance!
Russell

Alex Masalovich

Re: Bushido T2780 + Mac No resistance or cadence

Post by Alex Masalovich » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:53 pm

If your trainer is showing this icon then it will be unable to adjust the resistance during a ride. This could mean that your trainer is still connected with a different software program or device. A solution for this can be found in our Bluetooth solutions document:
https://tacx.com/support/TDA_Bluetooth_solutions.pdf
https://support.tacx.com/hc/en-us/artic ... ion-issues
PDF document written for Windows. Check by analogy.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:05 pm

Also check if the firmware has been updated. This should be done with the Tacx utility app on a smartphone or tablet.

You can also check the performance of your Bushido in the Tacx Training app or Tacx Cycling app.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

Russell_C

Post by Russell_C » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:05 am

Alex Masalovich wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:05 pm
Also check if the firmware has been updated. This should be done with the Tacx utility app on a smartphone or tablet.

You can also check the performance of your Bushido in the Tacx Training app or Tacx Cycling app.
Hi Alex, I didn't realise I could use the utility app with my phone as it doesn't have Ant+. Anway, I downloaded it & ran the utility using Bluetooth, upgraded the firmware of the Bushido & bingo! It all works perfectly now!
Thank-you so much for the help :-)
Russell

Return to “Apple”