New Tacx Desktop Software now available for Mac

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Steve Newton, Tacx support, Nasz, Lunatix

rumnblack

Re: New Tacx Desktop Software now available for Mac

Post by rumnblack » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:35 pm

Installed it and briefly tried it out but looks like there is no ANT+ support even on the Mac version?

I understand the limitations of the platform that the Windows version has been developed under (bit of an own goal unfortunately) but I'm surprised that this has also meant that the Mac version has the same issue.

Any thoughts on timescales for ANT+ support and is it directly linked to the Windows issue i.e. is it a straight port or a completely different code base?

Real shame about this as it does look like a very slick application.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:13 pm

rumnblack wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:35 pm
Installed it and briefly tried it out but looks like there is no ANT+ support even on the Mac version?

I understand the limitations of the platform that the Windows version has been developed under (bit of an own goal unfortunately) but I'm surprised that this has also meant that the Mac version has the same issue.

Any thoughts on timescales for ANT+ support and is it directly linked to the Windows issue i.e. is it a straight port or a completely different code base?

Real shame about this as it does look like a very slick application.
There has been no word on ANT+ functionality. As far as I can tell, there are no UWP apps of any kind that work with ANT+, which is significant limitation for UWP. Not sure why the Windows UWP problem would apply to the Mac, but it might be as simple as Tacx wanting to keep the Windows and Mac versions equivalent in terms of functionality.

rumnblack

Post by rumnblack » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:34 pm

I think you're probably right that it's about keeping the Windows and Mac versions in step. Frustrating that marketing gets in the way of functionality but hey ho...

Return to “Apple”