Iphone 6s and Training App

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Steve Newton, Tacx support, Nasz, Lunatix

The Rod

Iphone 6s and Training App

Post by The Rod » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:12 pm

Hi I am new to the Neo having just bought one and set up the Tacx training app on my iPhone (disappointed I cannot use with MacBook without using parallels and windows, especially as the box shows an Apple iMac !) anyway that's no the point. I am enquiring if anyone else is experiencing problems with the training app on their phone? It is on there fine and talks to the Neo fine but other than very intermittently I cannot get the iPhone to display the start icon (triangle) to start the training / workout. ie I go to start training go past the screen that asks if I want to train by slope, watts etc then it is the next screen where I hit the problem. Similarly on the odd occasion I do get the icon (triangle) all works fine until I try to stop or pause and despite which part of the screen I touch the stop icon (square) rarely appears. I have tried it on my wife's iPhone 5s and same issue exists. Oddly if I borrow and iPad and try it on that all works fine?? Any ideas? I have unplugged, ensure all other apps are off and have reloaded the software all to no avail. Very frustrating as I don't really want to splash out on an iPad now as well!

Alex Masalovich

Re: Iphone 6s and Training App

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:47 am

You did not say anything about the firmware. Check for updates through the Tacx utility application.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

The Rod

Post by The Rod » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:58 am

Hi the firmware is all up to date on both devices.

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:14 pm

On both devices? For better understanding, please indicate precisely the number of the current firmware version of your Neo.
Try also other applications from other developers. Do you have similar problems there?

The Rod

Post by The Rod » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:37 pm

By both devices I mean the iPhone is running the latest iOS and the Neo was brand new out of the box last week but I used the Tax utility app to update the firmware. The utility app now says that firmware is "up to date".

Given that the iPhone "talks to the Neo" but will not display the start or stop icons and hence work I think it is a software issue. The purpose of my question was quite simple "Has anyone else experienced similar issues?" Not a difficult question I would have thought?

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:52 pm

Practice shows that the issue of firmware is often decisive. My question about the firmware number was also not difficult.

Return to “Apple”