Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Everything about Triathlon

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn

Tacx Video Production

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Z74 wrote:Well let me know when you go ... if I am there I'd love to meet you in person. :)

I am now at point 140 of 2250 (more to be added, I'm sure of that). Luckily I have all the documentation but sure, this GPS ride is something to be split which I am doing freely for the community. I suppose you've used 3drb+ and tacked it to the video ? I didn't read the tutorials on how to make RLV so I have no idea but my question is the following:

Now that I have the .tts of IMDE on my PC I suppose it's going to be ridden as a Catalyst ride, correct? Is that tts viable instead for a GPS ride? Because if that's the point, why should I build IMFR on my own, I have dozens of gps rides already you just posted.

Does it make sense?
Ive no idea why you are making a Catalyst IMFR, we have a BluRay of it which will give you a million times more useful information then riding a GPS file with Google earth or just in Catalyst alone. The best you can do is train on the road & see where it gets hard & where you can rest & where you can start to push hard. On race day you will notice the same things you see in the RLV & be able to use this information to pace better.

Yes those tts files are for riding in Google earth with TTS although you can also just use Catalyst if you wanted to do something mindbogglingly boring. :wink:

PS today I just finished the Beta of Kona 2013, its filmed with a GoPro3 (I was in Lazarote doing this as its a lot more scenic & cheaper) but the grade data is recorded the same as mine & it will be grade accurate. Lanzarote 180 & 70.3 are also both now in Beta. We have a list of about 15 Ironman events to film in 2014 (US routes maybe be GoPro & EU my stuff) so triathlon is now going to be covered with Tacx.

Z74

Post by Z74 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:07 pm

What prog are you using to build the profile?

jhowzr

Post by jhowzr » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Do these tts files require TTS4? I'm currently running TTS3, and can't seem to get them installed.

Thanks!

Z74

Post by Z74 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:36 pm

jhowzr wrote:Do these tts files require TTS4? I'm currently running TTS3, and can't seem to get them installed.

Thanks!
I don't know about TTS3 (I have it but no idea where it is right now!) but there's not much to install, you just import them from a folder into the program and there they are.

jhowzr

Post by jhowzr » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:48 pm

That's what I tried to do. I went to Import > TTS Training Import. Then, I pointed to my downloads folder and the Program Info window says "No Training Program Found."

jhowzr

Post by jhowzr » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:49 pm

I've imported tts files from bikenet with no issues in the past. It's just these files that don't seem to be working for me.

Z74

Post by Z74 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:34 am

jhowzr wrote:I've imported tts files from bikenet with no issues in the past. It's just these files that don't seem to be working for me.
Post this question in the Support Forums.
Someone will surely come to help you out. :)

Return to “Triathlon”