Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Everything about Triathlon

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:18 pm

Ironman - Australia Port Maquarie
http://tacx-support.s3.amazonaws.com/Ir ... quarie.tts

Ironman - SouthAfrica
http://tacx-support.s3.amazonaws.com/Ir ... a_2013.tts

Ironman - 70.3 Saint Juan Puerto Rico
http://tacx-support.s3.amazonaws.com/Ir ... o_Rico.tts

Ironman - Asia Pacific Champs - Melbourne
http://tacx-support.s3.amazonaws.com/Ir ... Course.tts

Ironman - Los Cabos - Mexico
http://tacx-support.s3.amazonaws.com/Ir ... MEXICO.tts

To install Make hidden folders visible on your PC - then copy the tts file you downloaded from the links above into the C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\RLT folder (if I make a few more I will make an installer)


User avatar
Nasz
Moderator
Posts: 1236
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:02 am
Location: McLaren Vale, South Australia
Contact:

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Nasz » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Thanks Phil, nice work.

Off topic - been looking at all the RLV routes in Google Earth from the early RLVs (1956.06) to the BRD Grande Alpes, you sure have done a lot of kilometres! It made me really appreciate the amount of hours on the road and in the studio to film and make them! so a big THANK YOU.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy

Old RLV TTS Files / RLV GE Routes / GPX Smoother / TTS4.x RLV Fix / Conconi Test / Training Plans, etc.,
http://www.lunicus.org/tacx.htm

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:58 pm

cheers, we have reached RLV DVD number 78 with the latest releases that are on the way in the next few weeks, add to that the Ergovideos & now the few BDs ....it would be a long list if they were all available! Im making these things while we get ready to start filming for 2013 (today a very posh sparkling new lens turned up in the post). Tacx want to attract a few more triathletes. We can at least offer some of the 2013 routes to do in Google Earth.


gruffle
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by gruffle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:17 am

wow,

Don't think I can ride these as fast as you are releasing them.

Fantastic work Phil.

Thankyou.


Gees
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:54 pm
Location: Les Pays-Bas

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Gees » Mon May 13, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi, do you have a TTS file for Ironman 70.3 Wiesbaden and Ironman 70.3 Pays d'Aix (Aix-en-Provence)? These would be a great training since I will be doing both events this year! :D
Tacx Genius Multiplayer on a 32" screen
Tacx Satori

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon May 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Gees wrote:Hi, do you have a TTS file for Ironman 70.3 Wiesbaden and Ironman 70.3 Pays d'Aix (Aix-en-Provence)? These would be a great training since I will be doing both events this year! :D
We just filmed Pays d'Aix so this will be out later, actually the video/data edit is finished, just need to make the tts file..if you can send me a link to the GPS file for the other event I will see If I can find time.

Image

scfishy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:57 am

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by scfishy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:59 am

Any chance of the USA races, such as Ironman Wisconsin, Coeur d'Alene, or Lake Placid? Also, is there any chance that we'll get RLVs of the USA courses?

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Tacx Video Production » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:12 am

scfishy wrote:Any chance of the USA races, such as Ironman Wisconsin, Coeur d'Alene, or Lake Placid? Also, is there any chance that we'll get RLVs of the USA courses?
We would have done this year but a sponsorship issue has delayed this. I would personally never go to the states just to film a ironman race though, it would cost a fortune & could never be profitable, so we did have someone set up that was willing to do it for us there. But that's all on hold now. We have a few of the scenic routes made this year though.

But you can ride a google earth version if you got the data. I made a load of GPS routes ready last winter & they are listed in the Tri forum below.

IRONFAB95
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:06 pm
Location: FRANCE - Val d'oise

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by IRONFAB95 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Good job, thanks for this.
Hope Nice Ironman truathlon will be available soon .... :D
Cheers


User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Kona Ironman RLV (available in 2014)
Image

Lanzarote Ironman RLV BluRay (available in 2014)
Image

Z74
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: Naples, Italy

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Z74 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:19 pm

Yea, you phil did so many Kms you could apply to NASA as a replacement for the next generation of Space Shuttles.
Amazing work indeed.

Z74
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: Naples, Italy

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Z74 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:10 am

Ahm... yeah IronFab is right, where's IMFR?
I am building the gpx file on 3drb+ and of course I know the track palm by palm so it's going to be very detailed, however... it's also 2400 gps points to manually do one by one (I cant' do more than 200 a day because I go crazy beyond that) so if this was already done i'd love to see it.

Technically, it has to be, because TacX did release the IMFR RLV and RLV is a video associated to gps points for sloping.

subscribing to this topic. :)

PS got IMDE (Frankfurt). Imported it appears to be a 100km long track. The description says it's 2 laps but... but that would make 200km not 180 so there's something wrong.

However... the GPS data is very accurate with the course AND, most importantly, the slopes. You aced it out.

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:14 am

We have IM Frankfurt listed for next year. One of the laps could be a bit longer then the other in the GPS file, the video based ride will be the most accurate profile available. IMFR is now a RLV it's about 90% correct but there are some parts in the city of Nice missing. The big loop in the hills is correct & it's grade perfect.

Z74
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: Naples, Italy

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Z74 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:26 am

Tacx Video Production wrote:We have IM Frankfurt listed for next year. One of the laps could be a bit longer then the other in the GPS file, the video based ride will be the most accurate profile available. IMFR is now a RLV it's about 90% correct but there are some parts in the city of Nice missing. The big loop in the hills is correct & it's grade perfect.
I'm building the IMFR GPS ride from a 2008 track... of course, I am revising it, having 1st hand deep knowledge of the course. At present time it's 2250 points but I plan to add more to make it as accurate as humanly possible.

You may want to review this ride when it's complete and I sure as hell would love to see your profile for IMFR dvd. :D

As of the 2 missing parts, when the time comes in June, I may ask a few athletes to provide onboard GoPro videos but I am not into legal stuff and I don't know if you could "patch" the DVD (thinking about a "free dl content" as integration) without permission from WTC since it would be linked to a commercial enterprise (the remaining of the ride is not free).

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:06 am

Z74 wrote:
Tacx Video Production wrote:We have IM Frankfurt listed for next year. One of the laps could be a bit longer then the other in the GPS file, the video based ride will be the most accurate profile available. IMFR is now a RLV it's about 90% correct but there are some parts in the city of Nice missing. The big loop in the hills is correct & it's grade perfect.
I'm building the IMFR GPS ride from a 2008 track... of course, I am revising it, having 1st hand deep knowledge of the course. At present time it's 2250 points but I plan to add more to make it as accurate as humanly possible.

You may want to review this ride when it's complete and I sure as hell would love to see your profile for IMFR dvd. :D

As of the 2 missing parts, when the time comes in June, I may ask a few athletes to provide onboard GoPro videos but I am not into legal stuff and I don't know if you could "patch" the DVD (thinking about a "free dl content" as integration) without permission from WTC since it would be linked to a commercial enterprise (the remaining of the ride is not free).
I'm more likely to film the actual race from inside the event like we did for Kona & Lanzarote 70 then to mess with adding the two missing corners ;-). IM Nice is a recon ride of the route to give you a good idea of what the hill look & feel like. As far as accuracy goes its close enough to be a usefull training tool. You will know 90% of the route. It's the same with Lanzarote 180 which is also filmed out of the event, the 1st 2km are missing as it's a one way road but fom that point you have the whole route as if you had cycled it for training. I can't get too anal with the out of event rides as they are also for normal cyclists. But our grade data is the most accurate I know of.

Z74
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: Naples, Italy

Re: Ironman 2013 GPS tts files

Post by Z74 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Well let me know when you go ... if I am there I'd love to meet you in person. :)

I am now at point 140 of 2250 (more to be added, I'm sure of that). Luckily I have all the documentation but sure, this GPS ride is something to be split which I am doing freely for the community. I suppose you've used 3drb+ and tacked it to the video ? I didn't read the tutorials on how to make RLV so I have no idea but my question is the following:

Now that I have the .tts of IMDE on my PC I suppose it's going to be ridden as a Catalyst ride, correct? Is that tts viable instead for a GPS ride? Because if that's the point, why should I build IMFR on my own, I have dozens of gps rides already you just posted.

Does it make sense?

Post Reply

Return to “Triathlon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests