Virtual speed

All information on TTS 4

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

PiPPi

Re: Virtual speed

Post by PiPPi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:19 pm

And recent inputs like these are not at all "inspiring".
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=25894&p=178061&hil ... ed#p178061

PiPPi

Post by PiPPi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:23 pm

Tacx Video Production wrote:If your having virtual speed light on the flat it simply means the wheel speed is either too fast or too slow for the stretch of road your on. Im unsure why Tacx even display the light
Sorry about that, my post got crossed with yours.

Not sure what you mean about "stretch of road". I don't do RLV, I'm just doing "Workouts" and on "Free cykling" I will get the V.SPD-light going on and off even uner low power and with zero slope.

But maybe I've gotten it all wrong, I've assumed that you work for Tacx. Is that so?
Last edited by PiPPi on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Watts is very important for training this will not change if alter your weight to adjust your mass to whatever you feel is correct. It's no different then fitting some carbon wheels or switching to a winter bike from a carbon Tts does not know what you ride on the road... It will be super smooth perfect tarmac & a typical air resistance calculated from your weight... Still a lot of assumptions. But as I said the speed will repeatable if you keep everything the same

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:33 pm

PiPPi wrote:And recent inputs like these are not at all "inspiring".

On any trainers speed on a simulation like a RLV will & should be slower than the brut wheel speed reported by a Garmin...this is normal & it's this way also for all other software that's trying to show you how fast you would be going on that grade of road in the real world

PiPPi

Post by PiPPi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:40 pm

Tacx Video Production wrote:Watts is very important for training this will not change if alter your weight to adjust your mass to whatever you feel is correct.
So you're telling me that the watts/kg-number is not affected if I input another weight. Please explain as that doesn't make sense.
Tacx Video Production wrote:typical air resistance calculated from your weight...
So if I input a different weight than my own real weight, the air resistance will also be incorrect?
Tacx Video Production wrote:Still a lot of assumptions.
Yes, unfortunately. Way too many AFAIC.
Tacx Video Production wrote:But as I said the speed will repeatable if you keep everything the same
Sorry, but after this exchange, I really do not believe that. Case in point is that you cannot explain the anomaly with the V.SPD-light coming on intermittently on a low power run with no slope.

PiPPi

Post by PiPPi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Tacx Video Production wrote:
PiPPi wrote:And recent inputs like these are not at all "inspiring".
On any trainers speed on a simulation like a RLV will & should be slower than the brut wheel speed reported by a Garmin...this is normal & it's this way also for all other software that's trying to show you how fast you would be going on that grade of road in the real world
Well, there was this input from that thread, please note what happened after upgrading and the bit about training in the workouts section.

"I did not have the speed issue in previous versions of TTS 4. Since the last update(s) the (virtual?) speed differs a lot from the actual speed when training in workouts section. Unfortunately, this time, the support offered by Tacx Support team is (very much) below standards. I used (especially during winter) tacx trainers a lot, but since I got the NeoSmart (and the introduction of Windows 10) I am very disappointed. Tax support only gave standard answer(s) and refer to coming updates to solve the problems without any timetable. Time to move on and buy an Elite or Wahoo trainer!"

I am seriously dissapointed and really regret buying a Tacx.

PiPPi

Post by PiPPi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:06 pm

Found this, viewtopic.php?f=68&t=25852#p177893

So that's it. "However we also noticed there to be a very small bug in the calculations".

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:09 pm

PiPPi wrote: I have TTS4 Basic, 4.18.3.

Ran the CP20 test today and had the red flashing "V.SPD" on the display pretty much the whole 45 minutes.

I've read this thread and can't figure it out. My question is, what makes TTS going on virtual speed on such a basic run.
I see this flashing light from the virtual speed is very annoying for you. There is a simple solution - go back to version 4.16.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

PiPPi

Post by PiPPi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:19 pm

Alex Masalovich wrote:
PiPPi wrote: I have TTS4 Basic, 4.18.3.

Ran the CP20 test today and had the red flashing "V.SPD" on the display pretty much the whole 45 minutes.

I've read this thread and can't figure it out. My question is, what makes TTS going on virtual speed on such a basic run.
I see this flashing light from the virtual speed is very annoying for you. There is a simple solution - go back to version 4.16.
The flashing light isn't what's annoying, if it was that simple, I'd just stick a piece of tape over it :)

What is annoying is buggy software. Where do I find older software? What kind of problems will that introduce? :wink:

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:34 pm

PiPPi wrote: What is annoying is buggy software. Where do I find older software? What kind of problems will that introduce? :wink:
I personally use 4.16.4 and very satisfied with the trainings in catalyst and videos.
The recommended procedure re-install:

1) Uninstall the TTS4 via Control Panel - Programs.
Keep in mind that if you disable the Internet do not need to deactivate the license.

2) Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ via Control Panel - Programs.

3) Uninstall the jungo driver via Device Manager.
Keep in mind that to remove the driver VRinterface, this device must be connected to the computer (for those trainers that came with this device). Otherwise, you will not see VRinterface in Device Manager.

4) Clean the Windows registry by using:
http://www.piriform.com/Ccleaner

5) Reboot the computer.

6) Install TTS 4.16.2 using this link:
http://tacxdata.com/files/support/TTS41 ... ersion.zip
It does not require download, if version 4.16.2 do you have on DVD.
All further updates to make using the patch from here:
http://patches.tacxdata.com/

There is another, much more simple and quick way to revert to a previous state. For this purpose it is necessary to periodically create a full backup image of the system drive. For example, with the help of this software:
http://www.acronis.com/

PiPPi

Post by PiPPi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Alex Masalovich wrote:
PiPPi wrote: What is annoying is buggy software. Where do I find older software? What kind of problems will that introduce? :wink:
I personally use 4.16.4 and very satisfied with the trainings in catalyst and videos.
Many thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. I'll get to it after another workout with 4.18.3 :)

polar_ninja

Post by polar_ninja » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:40 pm

PiPPi wrote:
Alex Masalovich wrote:
Many thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. I'll get to it after another workout with 4.18.3 :)
First try 4.18.5.0!
2 Tacx T2800 NEO's & TTS4. COPLATE Rocking plate
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7 7700K 4-core (8 threads) 4,2Ghz; Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5; 250GB SSD; 16GB RAM
Philips 4K 43inch
SportTracks, Strava, Garmin Connect, Veloviewer

PiPPi

Post by PiPPi » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:41 pm

polar_ninja wrote:First try 4.18.5.0!
Sure, things can only get better ;)

ms6073

Post by ms6073 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:12 pm

polar_ninja wrote:First try 4.18.5.0!
Tacx does not seem to be keeping the updates page on the website sync'd with the latest updates, so can someone post the change log for the 4.18.5 update?
TTS 4.19.1 | T2800 NEO Smart
MSI GS70 Laptop | Windows 10 x64 | Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.40 GHz | 16 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz | GeForce GTX 870M
Samsung 32" LED TV

PiPPi

Post by PiPPi » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:41 pm

ms6073 wrote:Tacx does not seem to be keeping the updates page on the website sync'd with the latest updates, so can someone post the change log for the 4.18.5 update?
From the update screen:

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:48 pm

ms6073 wrote:Tacx does not seem to be keeping the updates page on the website sync'd with the latest updates, so can someone post the change log for the 4.18.5 update?
Oddly, they do so on their less shiny updates webpage http://patches.tacxdata.com/, see the "read more" buttons.

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:27 pm

thebigoneinfront wrote: Oddly, they do so on their less shiny updates webpage http://patches.tacxdata.com/
Oddly? From there TTSLauncher downloads all the updates and changelog.

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:29 pm

Oddly because it wouldn't seem magic to update the "shiny" website with that information as well. :D

foggymike

Post by foggymike » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Has it improved the situation then guys?

tnikolai

Post by tnikolai » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:52 pm

But power calculation problem not fixed with 4.18.5.0

Return to “Tacx Trainer software 4”