TTS4 no longer able to load video files

All information on TTS 4

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Nasz, Lunatix

Edgarini

TTS4 no longer able to load video files

Post by Edgarini » Mon May 28, 2018 7:57 am

TTS4 was running find for me on 5/25. When I went to use it this evening (5/27), it would not load video files: If I tried to run an RLV, it would give the symptom of an unlinked video file, i.e. just the slope profile upon start. I exited the ride, expecting that there was a problem w/ the link to my external drive that contains my avi's but that was fine as the drive would play the avi's directly just fine outside of TTS4. There was not the standard "Can't find video file....Browse" option upon clicking "video" in the ride-selection dialog, just the previous display: if I selected video from the graph tab....it was the Graph tab's display....if I selected video from the Route tab, it was the route tab. I removed my TacxConfiguration.xml file from the settings to force relinking of the vids w/ the xxx.TTS data files. When I opened the Video tab of a ride, I got a usable dialog to point to the video file, but after pointing, same symptom: a now-unusable video tab (clicking the "Browse" button had no effect) and the same last tab loaded displayed upon exiting and returning to the Video tab.

I did a complete uninstall/reload of TTS4....same

I remove the couple of Windows apps that installed themselves between when it last worked and now....same

I disconnected from the internet, disabled all by virus and UAC controls....same

Is anyone else having problems?

This is not good :(

ylan

Re: TTS4 no longer able to load video files

Post by ylan » Mon May 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Got the same when I upgrade to TTS 4.20. The problem remains up to 4.22.7.

But I still can use the RLV for training.

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Mon May 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Edgarini wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:57 am
it would not load video files: If I tried to run an RLV, it would give the symptom of an unlinked video file
Do you manage to play RLV in the video simulator ("Extra" on the top panel)?
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Mon May 28, 2018 7:49 pm

I have not tried TTS4 recently. However, there have been some major 1803 feature update to Windows 10, including an update to the update to fix certain problems with the 1803 update. So, it is always possible the 1803 update and its fix have caused something to break.

Have you recently installed 1803 and its fix?

Edgarini

Post by Edgarini » Mon May 28, 2018 8:32 pm

Thanks for the helpful comments that jarred me out of my tunnel vision stupidity.

After initially having the unlinked ride symptom upon actually attempting to ride RLV (no video, just profile) then finding that the video tab was broken, I assumed these two things were synonymous, and in all the painstaking troubleshooting I did, I only checked whether the video-tab issue was fixed, not bothering to verify whether the video was working in the RLV itself or in Sim mode.

As it turns out, RLVs are (and probably have been) playing fine now, the initial failure of the RLV playing was probably just a one-off program fart.....and all my reloading, unloading and cussing a monumental waste of time....doeehhhh!

Haven't loaded a new RLV in TTS4 in a while and wasn't aware that the vid tab was busted.

ttelmah

Post by ttelmah » Mon May 28, 2018 9:22 pm

The video tab was working only a few days ago.
It may well be Win release 1803 has busted this... :(
I haven't checked since mine updated to 1803. Or it may only cause this with some specific video cards.
Quite a few things related to particular graphic operations have been affected by this update.

Return to “Tacx Trainer software 4”