Running TTS4 with Windows 10 Creator's Edition

All information on TTS 4

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Nasz, Lunatix

mcorn

Running TTS4 with Windows 10 Creator's Edition

Post by mcorn » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:15 pm

Just curious if anyone has updated to Windows 10 Creators Edition and, if so, whether you are having any problems running TTS4. I was already having some issues with pre-Creator's Edition, but it is now worse with this new Microsoft feature release.

djagerif

Re: Running TTS4 with Windows 10 Creator's Edition

Post by djagerif » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Yes, I get a .NET unhandled exception in the Windows Application logs and then TTS4 crashes.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:29 pm

djagerif wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:44 pm
Yes, I get a .NET unhandled exception in the Windows Application logs and then TTS4 crashes.
Does it crash when you open TTS4 or when you try to run a video? My problem is running videos. I can run some videos with VP1, but VP2 almost always crashes when I try to start the video.

How long ago did you install the creator's edition update? Are you running the most recent update of TTS4? Have you tried running TTS3, which does appear to work for me.

ttelmah

Post by ttelmah » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Ever since I installed the Creator's edition, I've had UAC complain when I start the TTS application. It says the license has expired. If you ask for the properties it actually expired over a year ago, but hadn't complained till the new edition. So MS has obviously tightened this. Tacx really need to get the license renewed. Now whether this has any connection to your problem I don't know. However otherwise it runs OK.
On another machine though I've seen problems with Intel drivers. The Creator's edition put the drivers back to an older version than those on the Intel site, which was causing video and motherboard problems. I updated from the Intel site (had to be rather forceful and say I wanted to do this), and these problems then disappeared.
The Creator's edition does drink more memory than the previous versions, and therefore the problems caused by too many runs (various TTS crashes, including at boot), occur much earlier. The indexing that causes this is part of the Net studio stuff, so I'd try moving some of the runs to a safe place, and see if this helps.

djagerif

Post by djagerif » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:12 pm

@mcorn, same as you, only when I start a video. I reverted back to Win 10 1607 and all works perfectly. Oops, almost forgot, I upgraded to 1703 on Saturday and I had all the latest software on TTS4 and Win10 updates. Now I have the latest TTS4 running with 1607.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 pm

I spoke too soon about TTS4 partially working with creator's edition. It pretty much crashes whenever I try to use any of the menus to look at or change something.

ttelmah

Post by ttelmah » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:17 am

A question.

How did you get the update?.
Did you machine just 'do it for you', or did you manually install?.

MS has been advising for a while against doing the latter. The actual update has problems on a lot of systems, and they have been rolling it out to more, as they fix these.
If it was just the automatic update, then this doesn't apply.

Other things causing lots of issues:
Some video drivers.
Some motherboard drivers.
Some anti-virus programs (in some cases interfering with the running of the machine after the update, and in some cases causing some parts of the install to be corrupted....).

Have you got the 4015583 update on .Net?. Some people have reported this failing to install, if it isn't installed before the Creator's update.

I'd suspect that stepping back is the safest thing to do at present... :(

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:48 pm

I accelerated the update to creator's as I needed it for other reasons. There is an MS link to a Creator's Update Assistance that will allow you do do this. Other than Tacx software, the PC is working fine with the update. I will see if there are any .net install failures.

ttelmah

Post by ttelmah » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:37 pm

If it didn't arrive automatically, then it means some item in your hardware is known to have issues.

Look at:
<https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/2 ... rs_update/>

They have been releasing it to more machines with each month's updates, as things are fixed, but they still advise against taking it early.
They repeated that advice in a Technet bulletin last month....

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:01 pm

ttelmah wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:37 pm
If it didn't arrive automatically, then it means some item in your hardware is known to have issues.

Look at:
<https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/2 ... rs_update/>

They have been releasing it to more machines with each month's updates, as things are fixed, but they still advise against taking it early.
They repeated that advice in a Technet bulletin last month....
I had to have the product in order to do some testing. I did an install using MS's Creator assistant, which does a check to see if it is suitable for the PC. I already was having some issues with TTS4 videos not working correctly when I did a free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and the Creator version seem to make it worse. So far, TTS4 seems to be the only program for me with issues under Creators. Interestingly, TTS3 is still working fine.

lahouter

Post by lahouter » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:21 pm

....and as we have become accustomed to...Tacx does not respond or acknowledge the problem (so that we at least know they are working on a solution). My recommendation: Switch to Zwift!

Return to “Tacx Trainer software 4”