FYI Tacx Genius

Information about 32/64 bit on all OS systems and software versions

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

LuvRidin

FYI Tacx Genius

Post by LuvRidin » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:55 pm

I received my TACX Genius just a couple of days ago and after some typical frustration with a new toy I got it up and running.
When I tried Real Life Training Google Earth was stopping after 2 or 3 minutes saying there was a problem with the plug-in. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, but it made no difference.
The computer I was using was running XP SP3 with 3GB ram on an AMD 2.4 dual core and an NVidia Geforce with 256MB ram.
I finally decided to install it on my main computer which runs Win 7 64 bit with 16GB ram on an Intel quad core i5-2500 3.3 GHz, 256GB SSD drive, and Radeon HD6800 1GB.
Now GE works just fine.
However, I did have initial problems getting it to recognize my Garmin ANT heart belt. The belt would be connected and there was a checkmark in the window, but the side panel did not show it as connected and the heart rate did not show up in the training window.
I then decided to move the computer up off the floor and that seems to have done the trick.
I also had to remove the batteries on the black track steering several times before I finally got a connection.
Right now everything seems to be working, but it will be a few days before I will have tested all of the different options.
Oh, I also updated to 3.8 and no problems.
I'll report back in a few days.
My first impression though is that it is quite an impressive bit of kit :)

sc99cs

Re: FYI Tacx Genius

Post by sc99cs » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:32 pm

LuvRidin wrote: However, I did have initial problems getting it to recognize my Garmin ANT heart belt. The belt would be connected and there was a checkmark in the window, but the side panel did not show it as connected and the heart rate did not show up in the training window.
The software is strange in that it doesn't seem to scan for the heart rate strap. You need to go into the heart rate setting, make sure that it says that heart rate is on (click save the first time) and then go back to the intro screen. You should then have a green tick in the heart rate box.
Steve Coburn
Telford, Shropshire. UK

AMD FX-4100 quad core 3.6 GHz; 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
GTX 650 Ti Series Graphic Card 2GB DDR5 memory; SSD Boot drive

Blueberry

Post by Blueberry » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:52 pm

sc99cs wrote:
LuvRidin wrote: However, I did have initial problems getting it to recognize my Garmin ANT heart belt. The belt would be connected and there was a checkmark in the window, but the side panel did not show it as connected and the heart rate did not show up in the training window.
The software is strange in that it doesn't seem to scan for the heart rate strap. You need to go into the heart rate setting, make sure that it says that heart rate is on (click save the first time) and then go back to the intro screen. You should then have a green tick in the heart rate box.

yes, as I switched from analog HRM strap to my ANT Garmin strap I noticed that, too. In TTS 4.8 (at least) it doesn't connect automatically, I always have to do it manually. Then it works fine, much better than with the analog strap.

I haven't updated to 4.9 yet, is this maybe be fixed in the current version?

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Blueberry wrote:yes, as I switched from analog HRM strap to my ANT Garmin strap I noticed that, too. In TTS 4.8 (at least) it doesn't connect automatically, I always have to do it manually. Then it works fine, much better than with the analog strap.

I don't have ANT+ HRM connection problems, but first time you set things up, you need to go through the Device Wizard, select ANT+ HRM and save (Finish button). If you go out of the room, ANT+ will disconnect and requires a reconnection, but you can do this in the Intro screen rather than go through the entire Device Wizard.

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:34 pm

Blueberry wrote:In TTS 4.8 (at least) it doesn't connect automatically, I always have to do it manually. Then it works fine, much better than with the analog strap.

Seems to be fixed. My (Garnin hard strap) HR belt would only connect after starting TTS when I clicked on the HR belt picture (I believe that started in 4.7, don't remember). In 4.9, the HR belt connects automatically again.

Blueberry

Post by Blueberry » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:50 pm

thebigoneinfront wrote:
Blueberry wrote:In TTS 4.8 (at least) it doesn't connect automatically, I always have to do it manually. Then it works fine, much better than with the analog strap.

Seems to be fixed. My (Garnin hard strap) HR belt would only connect after starting TTS when I clicked on the HR belt picture (I believe that started in 4.7, don't remember). In 4.9, the HR belt connects automatically again.

Soll ich mich trauen, upzudaten?

I don't know... it says never change a running system and generally I'm still very happy with 4.8. ...

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:09 pm

I remember statements that GE generally works only in the latest version(s?). Apart from that, the major reason to upgrade in my view is the possibility to use an external cadence sensor or powermeter.

Blueberry

Post by Blueberry » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:49 pm

thebigoneinfront wrote:I remember statements that GE generally works only in the latest version(s?). Apart from that, the major reason to upgrade in my view is the possibility to use an external cadence sensor or powermeter.

ok, a few weeks ago I updated to 4.8.4 (?) so that GE resp. the map display which is what I use, workes again. I use only the RLV feature of TTS. And I think before there are no significant new features for RLV in future updates I think I'll skip them.

Return to “Windows 7 and others”