Fortius software in Windows 7 64 bit running in XP mode

Information about 32/64 bit on all OS systems and software versions

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

mantica

Re: Fortius on Windows 7 using VMWare 3.0 works great

Post by mantica » Fri May 25, 2012 11:36 am

philmc wrote:Here is the checklist I followed in order to get Fortius running on my new Windows 7 computer.

From the getgo I skipped installing Virtual XP as Microsoft detailed on their website their virtual XP would not support graphics intensive programs. Thanks to the suggestions on this forum I went straight to VMWare. Here is the order of instillation.

Installed free VMWare Player 3.0. VM Ware Player asked if I wanted to create a virtual machine so I inserted my copy of Windows XP Professional. XP installed perfectly.

Updated XP to service pack 2 then service pack 3.

Windows 7 supports hardware virtualization. This is an option in the BIOS which I turned ON. Microsoft sytem requirements for setting up a Virtual PC on Windows are listed at - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtua ... ments.aspx

Installed Fortius from the supplied disk which was version 2.0. I then did a manual update to 2.01 then 2.02 then 2.03 and finially 2.04. On the same update page is the Update Fortius Virtual Reality so I updated VR to 2.04.

Uninstalled the Fortius disk loaded ffdshow. Installed the latest stable version of ffsshow. All versions are posted. I selected the one that stated it was the lates stable version instead of the latest beta. http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video ... fdshow.cfm

When I plugged in the Fortius USB cable Windows 7 said it found new hardware and automatically found the right driver. I opened Fortius trainer and the realtime video and VR worked perfectly. I chose to install the real life video Namur to Revin onto the harddrive. It works perfectly with no pausing which was the problem I had on my old XP laptop.

My current system is an HP Touchsmart 23" AllInOne - 1 TB HD - 8 gig Ram - Windows 64 bit Ultimate - Nvidia GeoForce GT230 graphics card.

I hope this help and thank you for all your help. :D
I was happy with my 32bit winxp old laptop, but it died 3 weeks ago. Now I have an acer7750g core i5-2450m 8gb ram amd radeon hd 7670m 2gb with w7 home premium 64-bit.

I managed to create a vmware vm machine with xp sp3 pro. I successfully installed fortius to version 2.04, ffdshow and so on. RLVs are running but I have 2 problems:
1- I can't use the fullscreen mode for video; after 2 or 3 secs it starts to insert black frames and changes video play speed.
2- in windowed mode, it plays smoothly, but every 10 secs, the video stops for 1/2 sec.

Problem n° 2 can be replicated playing the video with windows media player or any other player.

vmware tools are up to date.
My vm has no swap file, 4gb ram 128 mb video ram, and ,using vmware workstation, I could allocate 6gb of the host ram to the vm.

Any suggestion ?

Andrea

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Works better if you do not post the same question in more than one place. See my other response.

Drbailey

Post by Drbailey » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi! I need to try and debug my VMware problems running tacx Fortius software. My installation seems unstable... When I start the Fortius software the blue screen comes up but just hangs.... The USB light on the vr controller flashes frantically but the software does not load. If I return the vr to the host so hat there is no vr attached then the application will start after it has closed and been restarted... Any ideas? I have set the virtual memory to 2.5 gig and set the USB to 1.1 protocol...

Thanks
Dave B

Drbailey

Post by Drbailey » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Ok update today I can start the vr software from the imagic folder but I can't start the Fortius software using the main icon! It just sits with a blue screen. Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave B

Nasz

Post by Nasz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:47 am

Drbailey wrote:Ok update today I can start the vr software from the imagic folder but I can't start the Fortius software using the main icon! It just sits with a blue screen. Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave B
I would look at you video display settings first, check 3D is on and that there is some memory allocated to the video driver. A few people here have successfully installed Fortius on the VMWare and VirtualBox. Maybe one of them could post the configuration details of their virtual machine as a starting point for others who wish to use Virtual boxes.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy

Old RLV TTS Files / RLV GE Routes / GPX Smoother / TTS4.x RLV Fix / Conconi Test / Training Plans, etc.,
http://www.lunicus.org/tacx.htm

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:59 am

i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

Return to “Windows 7 and others”