Bluetooth seems to freeze

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

Philipp

Bluetooth seems to freeze

Post by Philipp » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:21 pm

Hi!

My Neo is usually working correctly but sometimes all of a sudden during the workout the bluetooth connection gets dropped. So the Desktop App says escape or paddle ... however, the problem really starts now because I cannot reconnect. The blue LED is constantly ON but the desktop app nor any other device can connect. It seems the Neo is paired and I'm not able to reset this state other than powering it of for 20-30 minutes (or even more)!!! because otherwise if I power it on too early the blue LED is immediately ON although all devices are off or BT is disabled.

Is there any possibility to reset all BT connections on the NEO? Like unpairing it from everything? I worked through the https://tacx.com/support/TDA_Bluetooth_solutions.pdf but everything seems to be set up correctly.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

mcorn

Re: Bluetooth seems to freeze

Post by mcorn » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:53 pm

Does this happen with programs other than TDA? If it is limited to TDA, then it could be a TDA issue. If it happens with other programs, then it may be a NEO issue. You can contact support@tacx.com.

Philipp

Post by Philipp » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:14 pm

Well I only use TDA - but even if the PC is OFF - if I repower the Neo too early it stucks in BL paired mode (BT LED ON) - without having a BT device available next to it. (I checked all phones, headphones, speekers etc)

If there would be an more easy way to reset BT of the Neo which is obviously happening after some minutes without power I could easy reconnect but waiting half an hour is not an option.

Thanks so far

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:49 am

Philipp wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:14 pm
If there would be an more easy way to reset BT of the Neo
Try rolling back the firmware. If necessary, go back to the latest version.
https://support.tacx.com/hc/en-us/artic ... er-version
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=33780#p204718
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

Philipp

Post by Philipp » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:43 pm

is the BT handling different in older versions? Something like immediate reset on powering the Neo OFF?

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:31 pm

I assume that the reload of the firmware itself can help in this situation. If you consider such an experiment inappropriate, then reject it.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”