Flow with Zwift and Apple TV

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

Shake n Bake

Flow with Zwift and Apple TV

Post by Shake n Bake » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:31 pm

First post here. New to cycling this year and contemplating my first smart trainer.

The Tacx Flow looks like a good first foray into the world of smart trainers. I aim to use Zwift via Apple TV.

If I understand correctly, I’ll also need a speed and cadence sensor.

But I haven’t been able to figure out how to connect everything.

The Apple TV can only accept two Bluetooth inputs and I assume I need three:
1) Tacx Flow
2) cadence sensor
3) speed sensor

Is that correct, or does the Flow take the inputs from the sensors and send all three signals to the Apple TV onver one Bluetooth channel?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

mcorn

Re: Flow with Zwift and Apple TV

Post by mcorn » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:59 pm

Shake n Bake wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:31 pm
First post here. New to cycling this year and contemplating my first smart trainer.

The Tacx Flow looks like a good first foray into the world of smart trainers. I aim to use Zwift via Apple TV.

If I understand correctly, I’ll also need a speed and cadence sensor.

But I haven’t been able to figure out how to connect everything.

The Apple TV can only accept two Bluetooth inputs and I assume I need three:
1) Tacx Flow
2) cadence sensor
3) speed sensor

Is that correct, or does the Flow take the inputs from the sensors and send all three signals to the Apple TV onver one Bluetooth channel?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I assume you are referring to the Flow Smart which is one of the brakes that I use, rather than the older Flow models which are not smart trainers and do not work with Bluetooth.

The Flow Smart has a built in resistance brake, power meter, speed and cadence. The only thing I think you would need with Zwift is a Bluetooth heart rate strap if you want to monitor your heart rate.

If you want, you can also install separate speed, cadence and power sensors if you want more accuracy. I have a Wahoo combo speed/cadence Bluetooth/ANT+ sensor and Power Tap Bluetooth/ANT+ hub power meter. They all work fine together with the Tacx Desktop App using Bluetooth and with TTS4 using ANT+. The extra sensors do not go through the Flow Smart brake. They send their signals to the computer. I do not know if this will work with your Apple TV. I would be surprised if it did not as Bluetooth accommodates many different signals simultaneously, but the best place to get this is the Zwift website.

Shake n Bake

Re: Flow with Zwift and Apple TV

Post by Shake n Bake » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:56 pm

Yes the Flow smart.

Thank so so much for the info. That is a great help!

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”