Vortex set up

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

GUYBP

Vortex set up

Post by GUYBP » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Two steps forward two steps back

In my previous post I was concerned about my set up as only seemed to work properly on flat roads so I

bought TACX trainer tyre
Moved setting to position 2 for my 700x23 trainer tyre

Now I can't get the tyre to touch the roller - I think the turning knob has become disconnected from the roller as it pushes it up to almost touch and then seems to slip - when I look, it doesn't seem to be connected to anything and I notice a bolt type section which isn't connected to this and assume it should be - have I unscrewed it too much and it now needs reattaching - if so how?

Please help as it doesnt work at all now unlike only working on flat roads.

mcorn

Re: Vortex set up

Post by mcorn » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:42 pm

GUYBP wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:00 pm
Two steps forward two steps back

In my previous post I was concerned about my set up as only seemed to work properly on flat roads so I

bought TACX trainer tyre
Moved setting to position 2 for my 700x23 trainer tyre

Now I can't get the tyre to touch the roller - I think the turning knob has become disconnected from the roller as it pushes it up to almost touch and then seems to slip - when I look, it doesn't seem to be connected to anything and I notice a bolt type section which isn't connected to this and assume it should be - have I unscrewed it too much and it now needs reattaching - if so how?

Please help as it doesnt work at all now unlike only working on flat roads.
Look at the assembly manual. If you unscrew the adjustment knob too far counterclockwise, it will come off and need to be reattached. It is not hard. Just look at the assembly instructions.

You should not have any trouble using a 23 tire with the middle position. If you have trouble, it is probably misassembled, so see my other comment on using refernces marks to ensure you are in the right position.

GUYBP

Post by GUYBP » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:48 pm

Thanks

Where do I find assembly instructions re:screwing back on?

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:24 am

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:56 am

You need to connect these two parts:

To do this: turn the brake upside down, grope the metal cylinder in the slot, turn it with the hole outwards and screw the knob shaft.

When assembling the trainer, pay special attention to this:
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Alex is always great about finding the detail - in this case the t-bolt part. It really is not hard to do.

Following my earlier reply, look carefully at the part of the picture with the large "X" that shows an incorrect installation of the blue piece. This is a common problem. The reference marks I was suggesting are made at the joint between the blue piece and the rest of the brake. If you put 3 marks on each side of the brake, it will be an outside indication of which of the 3 positions you are in.

GUYBP

Post by GUYBP » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Many thanks.

I used a video/manual to get the screw reconnected. Hooked up bike and it sits much better now and didn't need too much winding to get connect. Did calibration and it is in the green zone and feels much better when riding. I will do a longer ride tomorrow to check it works better than before :D

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:06 pm

GUYBP wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:56 pm
Many thanks.

I used a video/manual to get the screw reconnected. Hooked up bike and it sits much better now and didn't need too much winding to get connect. Did calibration and it is in the green zone and feels much better when riding. I will do a longer ride tomorrow to check it works better than before :D
The red and green zones are only a rough guide. The main thing is for it to be tight enough to prevent slipping but not so tight that it is putting undue stress on everything.

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”