Tacx Neo brakes during workout

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

tribandit

Tacx Neo brakes during workout

Post by tribandit » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi Everybody,
my Tacx neo have some irritating habit :D Sometimes it just put full brake during my workout :twisted: It last just a second or so. Long enough to put my cadence to 0. Than it is back on provided power (I ride on erg mode). I don't have to say that it's hard to start peddling after that during some strength workouts.
It happens very irregular. Sometimes it won't hamper during my 2-2,5 hour training and sometime it happens after 15 minutes.
I can't even say it happens on any cadence or power zone. From my observation it happens randomly.

Does anybody had/has same problem?
Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?

Alex Masalovich

Re: Tacx Neo brakes during workout

Post by Alex Masalovich » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:37 pm

Somehow it reminds me of a story with Fortius:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10467
Problems with power supply, probably.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:27 am

The Fortius had numerous issues, any one of which could cause big problems, including sudden locking up of the brake. The most common cause of Fortius sudden braking is the cadence sensor not working. Because the Fortius is self-powered, a cadence sensor input signal was required to prevent a run away condition. If no cadence signal is received, the Fortius brake automatically shuts down.

I think causes for Fortius sudden braking problems are unlikely to apply to the Neo.

The most likely cause of a Neo problem is a defective brake. I would send an email to support@tacx.com explaining the problem. This may be a warranty situation.

tribandit

Post by tribandit » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:53 pm

Hmm thanks guys for your tips. On facebook Tacx neo users group others suggested connectivity issues which in my opinion could be the problem. I'll definitely check that first. Basically I have power meter in my crank as source of power (because this is what I use outside :) ). So it could be connection issue between my power meter and wahoo bolt or wahoo bolt and neo. In both cases neo try to compensate 0 power readings so it apply brake.

ms6073

Post by ms6073 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:08 pm

tribandit wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:53 pm
I have power meter in my crank as source of power (because this is what I use outside :) ). So it could be connection issue between my power meter and wahoo bolt or wahoo bolt and neo.
For your workouts, are you controlling the Neo from the Wahoo Bolt or using a 3rd party training app? I ask because with TTS, resistance was very stochastic when I had connected SRM or Shimano Powermeters with TTS and for that reason, depend on the power from the Neo, not the external powermeter.
TTS 4.19.1 | T2800 NEO Smart [formerly Bushido & Fortius]
MSI GS70 Laptop | Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.40 GHz | 16 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz
GeForce GTX 870M | 256 GB SSD x 2 RAID 0 + 1 TB HDD
Samsung 32" LED TV

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”