Tacx Neo Smart - Bluetooth light on trainer not coming on - Tacx Support Please Help!

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

koog

Tacx Neo Smart - Bluetooth light on trainer not coming on - Tacx Support Please Help!

Post by koog » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:52 am

Bought the Tacx Neo Smart in Jan 2018. Worked out of the box perfectly.

Then yesterday, the bluetooth light on the trainer didn't come on.

I only have a steady, non-blinking, red power light that comes on when the Tacx is plugged in.
Tried plugging on & off, didn't get the blue bluetooth light to come on.
Even tried pedalling without the trainer plugged in, and when I begin pedalling to start the trainer, I still get only the steady, non-blinking, red power light that comes on & no bluetooth.

The Tacx Utility App on my iPad doesn't pick up the trainer (obviously because the bluetooth on the trainer hardware isn't coming on).

What I have noticed though, is that if I wait a few minutes and then try plugging on the trainer or start pedalling to power it up (without it being plugged in), I see the bluetooth blue light on the trainer flash for literally a millisecond (if that makes sense!) and then it's back to the steady, non-blinking, red power light that comes on and nothing else.

@ Tacx Support please help! I've written in to you on support@tacx.com as well, and received a ticket ID 105398

Alex Masalovich

Re: Tacx Neo Smart - Bluetooth light on trainer not coming on - Tacx Support Please Help!

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:11 am

koog wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:52 am
@ Tacx Support please help! I've written in to you on support@tacx.com as well, and received a ticket ID 105398
There is no one from the support team here. Use Twitter to remind them of your request with the ticket number.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mcorn

Re: Tacx Neo Smart - Bluetooth light on trainer not coming on - Tacx Support Please Help!

Post by mcorn » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:45 pm

Tacx is usually reasonably prompt about responding to hardware issues for units that are under warranty. If has only been a day and now that it is the weekend, you may not have realistic expectations. However, if you do not hear early next week, I would think about contacting the dealer where you bought it and consider sending it back for a warranty claim.

As Alex says, this is a user forum, not a support system. Tacx does not reliably monitor what goes on here.

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”