Calibrating my 'new' Ironman 2050 - problem

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

conormacgowan

Calibrating my 'new' Ironman 2050 - problem

Post by conormacgowan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 am

All,

I bought a new TACX Ironman 2050 online over a year ago and abandoned it in the corner after I repeatedly failed to calibrate the brake unit. The recent spell of bad weather has forced me back to it. I get as far as the calibration stage with the brake unit and when asked to push the rear wheel forward at about 5km, I do so, but nothing happens. It all looks so easy in the online videos. The unit takes over and rolls the wheel along independently as it calibrates - but not for me. Nothing happens. Has anyone else had this problem and can they give advice?

Thank you.

PS i sent email after email to TACX Support who didnt reply for an age and when they did it was generic and unhelpful

Alex Masalovich

Re: Calibrating my 'new' Ironman 2050 - problem

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:03 am

Try this:
1) unplug the resistance unit from the mains;
2) disconnect the right side (electro unit) from the resistance unit. Completely, including a contact wire;
3) connect the right side again;
4) repeat the procedure of firmware updates by using this utility:
http://tacxdata.com/files/support/Geniu ... r_v102.exe
Before you run the utility place the trainer as close as possible to the ANT+ antenna and make sure that the tyre is not attached to the brake’s roller. After the procedure is completed, turn off the resistance unit for 2 minutes.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

tiredlegs

Re: Calibrating my 'new' Ironman 2050 - problem

Post by tiredlegs » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:13 am

If you don't hear the brake unit 'aligning' or the brake doesn't react when calibrating then do as Alex suggested. I had an Ironman that did exactly the same thing. Tacx couldn't work out what the problem was and how to solve it. In the end I removed the electronic unit and disconnected the multi-plug (you have to remove the unit by unscrewing a single torx bolt, when you withdraw the unit you will see it is connected to the brake assembly with a single multi-plug). I then connected it all back up and it then worked without any further problems.

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”