My Bluetooth Light on NEO won't light up

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Nasz

pickleman

My Bluetooth Light on NEO won't light up

Post by pickleman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:41 pm

My Neo has been working fine all year. Several rides per week on Zwift. After my last ride, I decided to break out the Tacx Utility and update the firmware. That process didn't seem to go as smoothly as I would have hoped, but in the end, it appeared that the latest firmware version matched the version the Tacx Utility was saying I had.

Then today, I go to do a ride and the Neo can't be found. I've tried unplugging Neo / re-plug. I've turned off all other possibly attached peripherals and turned off the Bluetooth on my phone (where the utility app is used). Turned back on phone bluetooth. No sign of the NEO. Also, within the Tacx Utility it's not showing up.

A couple versions of the above (restarts) and then I noticed that the bluetooth light on the Neo is not lit at all. The only light at the moment is the Solid Red light that I believe indicates that the unit is receiving power and is on.

Another minor thing - my center light isn't really amber. It's sort of a faded combination of red and blue. Definitely not amber.

Can anyone give me an idea how to reset / reboot the Bluetooth on the Neo?

mcorn

Re: My Bluetooth Light on NEO won't light up

Post by mcorn » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:59 am

I would contact support@tacx.com or the dealer where you bought the Neo.

ms6073

Re: My Bluetooth Light on NEO won't light up

Post by ms6073 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:44 pm

I had a similar issue with one of ours did that last week as it did not show up in the list of TTS connected devices and the LED's were all red. Not sure if this will help, but in our case, I removed the Neo with the TTS device manager, unplugged the Neo for a minute, then plugged it back in. I then checked the Neo with the Tacx Utility app and all good, was then able to add it back to TTS via Device Manager.
TTS 4.19.1 | T2800 NEO Smart [formerly Bushido & Fortius]
MSI GS70 Laptop | Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.40 GHz | 16 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz
GeForce GTX 870M | 256 GB SSD x 2 RAID 0 + 1 TB HDD
Samsung 32" LED TV

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”