Vortex and Garmin vivoactive 3 pairing

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Nasz

jellybay

Vortex and Garmin vivoactive 3 pairing

Post by jellybay » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:13 pm

Hello,

maybe someone observed the same issue, I was able to pair mein Garmin Vivoactive 3 HR with TTS4 (Windows PC) to receive the heatbeat information.
But I'm unable to do the pairing for the cycling sensor of the Vortex.

Did anyone find a solution for it it or was able to do the pairing ?

Best regards
Maik

mcorn

Re: Vortex and Garmin vivoactive 3 pairing

Post by mcorn » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Not sure what you are trying to pair to what. Are you saying you can't get your Vortex to pair to TTS4? Or are you trying to get the Garmin activity watch to show speed and cadence while you are using the Vortex with TTS4?

Also, which Vortex do you have? Is the older Vortex or newer Vortex Smart? I don't think the older Vortex is fully ANT+ compliant, so if you are trying to read speed and cadence on your Garmin, it may not work.

If that is your problem, the easiest thing is to get a separate ANT+ or ANT+/Bluetooth combo speed/cadence sensor and put it on your bike. The Vortex cadence is not very accurate, so this works better.

jellybay

Post by jellybay » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:40 am

Good morning,

yes I have the older Vortex and I'm trying to get the speed and cadence to work between Vortex and Garmin vivoactive 3.
The connection to TTS4 and also to the Bikecomputer of the Vortex for the heart rate (Broadcast) is working.

Would be interesting to see if realy nobody got it to work.

thanks for your hints.

Best regards
Maik

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:33 pm

jellybay wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:40 am

yes I have the older Vortex and I'm trying to get the speed and cadence to work between Vortex and Garmin vivoactive 3.
As above, I think the problem may be that the your i-Vortex is not fully ANT+ compliant even though it operates using an ANT+ stick with Tacx software. Looks like it does not work with Zwift:

https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/comm ... tex-t2170-

If this is important to you, I still think your easiest solution is to buy a separate Garmin or Wahoo ANT+ speed/cadence sensor.

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”