Tacx Neo T2800

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

Blueberry

Re: Tacx Neo T2800

Post by Blueberry » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:40 pm

ms6073 wrote:
Juande wrote:This is annoying as I have read everywhere that this system was compatible with Campagnolo
The Neo is compatible with both Campagnolo and Shimano 9/10/11 speed drive trains. If you think about the logisitics, it has been more than 10-years since the first 9-speed drive trains where introduced, and a quick look at available Edco cassettes, and the company only offers 10 & 11 speed cassettes. So the unfortunate reality is that there really is not much call for a top of the line, direct drive, smart trainer that is also 8-speed compatible.

absolutely the right answer to this complaint! Good posting.

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:25 pm

Juande wrote:Can I replace the EDCO freehub body with a campy freehub so I can use Campy sprockets with 8 cogs?
ms6073 wrote: So the unfortunate reality is that there really is not much call for a top of the line, direct drive, smart trainer that is also 8-speed compatible.
So I understand that the words "8 cogs" was used to mean "8 cutouts" and not "8-speed". Campagnolo cassette with 8 cutouts are really not compatible with Neo, regardless of the number of speeds.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

ChrisCYWG

Post by ChrisCYWG » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:20 am

The old 8 speed cassettes had 8 notches that were shallow and all the same shape.. there was no distinct cut on the freehub to keep them in order.. what you had to do was pull out the chart and match letters to letters to get the cogs in the proper sequence.. could the neo run a 8 speed block.. sure if edco made a freehub with the 8 speed cog spline pattern... but its not like that... its a hybrid between Campag 9-11 (certain blocks) and shimano... if you use Campy 11s 11T cog on the Neo, you can't even put that cog on in the proper order because a Campy 11T cog has 8 splines on it and the only way to make it fit is to rotate it back and it puts the ramp out of order... the 12T cog fits perfectly though in order because it only has 4 splines and fits into the notches...
Alex Masalovich wrote:
Juande wrote:Can I replace the EDCO freehub body with a campy freehub so I can use Campy sprockets with 8 cogs?
ms6073 wrote: So the unfortunate reality is that there really is not much call for a top of the line, direct drive, smart trainer that is also 8-speed compatible.
So I understand that the words "8 cogs" was used to mean "8 cutouts" and not "8-speed". Campagnolo cassette with 8 cutouts are really not compatible with Neo, regardless of the number of speeds.

02DropTopM3

Post by 02DropTopM3 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:20 pm

ChrisCYWG wrote:I installed Campagnolo 10s last nite on my trainer bike.... a 1999 Pinarello Paris with a 53X39 12-26 block... I am happy to say no derailleur contact on the neo at any point.. the derailleur is VERY close to the flywheel and frame, but not touching.. I could put the small spacer behind the cassette and give it a little more room.. the manual says no spacer, but I have wiggle room either way so I will do this in the afternoon today..

And I suggest everyone grease the plastic bushing in your freehub.. it honestly takes 1 minute... take a 5mm allenkey, unscrew the endcap, just pull on the freehub, it will come straight off.. there is a plastic black sleeve over the axle, take it off, lightly grease inside and out.. mine was pretty dry... but never made any noise.... installed a little smear of grease on the pawls.. to reinstall, slide black sleeve back on first, place freehub back on.. you need to squeeze the 3 pawl in so they fit in.. push down, reinstall 5mm end nut and ride!! Very simple, and well worth it..

My gears and everything seem to be in perfect alignment now and the only noise I hear is drivetrain
Hello everyone,

New to the forum here and a recent Tacx Neo purchaser. I noticed within a few rides that I was starting to hear the clicking sound that has been discussed here in this thread as per this document:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/594 ... lution.pdf

I want to try to apply grease and I have unscrewed the endcap on the freehub side, but no matter how hard I pull out on that freehub it will NOT budge. Am I missing something? Some other retaining clip or anything?

Thanks!

(Nevermind... I put the cassette back on so I could get some better leverage and just rocked it back and forth for a while and it finally came loose... The bushing and the pawls are bone dry though!

SilicaStorm

Post by SilicaStorm » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:57 pm

arrrrg,,,, after calling several bike shops here in Abu Dhabi and none have a Campagnolo cassette tool,,, I ordered the Campag tool online and it arrived today to now learn that the Tacx website was bull$hit information.... WTF....?

I already have a Shimano cassette tool,,,, I didnt need this hassle or throw 13 EUR away...

Hope the rest of my experience with Tacx is more favourable.... not a great 1st post here... wish I had read this forum earlier... thanks for posting

*** good news is Neo will be delivered tomorrow ***
T2800 NEO Smart
Apple MacBookAir 11" Laptop | OSX El Captain
Intel Core i7 - 2.20 GHz | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz
Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536MB | 500 GB SSD
Samsung 42" LED TV

Blueberry

Post by Blueberry » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:29 pm

well, maybe you shouöd have read it earlier.. and maybe you can sell the Campy tool to ome of your shops where you live... or trade it for some PowerBar or whatever.

Anyways... have fun with the trainer!

ms6073

Post by ms6073 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:59 pm

SilicaStorm wrote:*** good news is Neo will be delivered tomorrow ***
Can you not return the Campy lock-ring tool for a refund? Of course you may be surprised because depending on when your Neo was manufactured and shipped to the seller, it is possible that it was one of the early production run that is still supplied with the Edco freehub with Campagnolo lock-ring.
TTS 4.19.1 | T2800 NEO Smart
MSI GS70 Laptop | Windows 10 x64 | Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.40 GHz | 16 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz | GeForce GTX 870M
Samsung 32" LED TV

Foxyloxy

Post by Foxyloxy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:21 am

Guy, I'm trying to purchase the Tacx Neo, though before I do i need to know if my bike is compatible...I have a 2016 model Trek Domane 600 series full hydraulic disc brake bike. I'm getting frustrated trying to find this information. Someone told me that I need a 142x12mm adapter, is this true and does the tacx neo come with this in the box or do I have to buy this through their website seperately? Also, by adapter do they mean quick release skewer? *gasp* I don't want to buy this and find out my road bike doesn't even work with this trainer. Finally, my group set is full ultegra 11 speed, if that helps get and answer to my question. Thanks

Here is a screenshot of a back and forth...
*******Edit******* can't post it cause lame file size restriction

Blueberry

Post by Blueberry » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:20 pm

Foxyloxy wrote:Guy, I'm trying to purchase the Tacx Neo, though before I do i need to know if my bike is compatible...I have a 2016 model Trek Domane 600 series full hydraulic disc brake bike. I'm getting frustrated trying to find this information. Someone told me that I need a 142x12mm adapter, is this true and does the tacx neo come with this in the box or do I have to buy this through their website seperately? Also, by adapter do they mean quick release skewer? *gasp* I don't want to buy this and find out my road bike doesn't even work with this trainer. Finally, my group set is full ultegra 11 speed, if that helps get and answer to my question. Thanks

well, to get a reliable answer to your question I would ask Tacx service directly... but don't mention the lame file restriction policy on their forum website :D

Foxyloxy

Post by Foxyloxy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:47 pm

Blueberry wrote:
Foxyloxy wrote:Guy, I'm trying to purchase the Tacx Neo, though before I do i need to know if my bike is compatible...I have a 2016 model Trek Domane 600 series full hydraulic disc brake bike. I'm getting frustrated trying to find this information. Someone told me that I need a 142x12mm adapter, is this true and does the tacx neo come with this in the box or do I have to buy this through their website seperately? Also, by adapter do they mean quick release skewer? *gasp* I don't want to buy this and find out my road bike doesn't even work with this trainer. Finally, my group set is full ultegra 11 speed, if that helps get and answer to my question. Thanks

well, to get a reliable answer to your question I would ask Tacx service directly... but don't mention the lame file restriction policy on their forum website :D

What's the best way to go about that if I live in the USA and don't want to spend money on a long distance call?

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:57 pm

dumbo

Post by dumbo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:24 pm

Anyone using 10 speed or 11 speed with a 28 cassette and a short cage shimano rear mech experience rubbing?

polar_ninja

Post by polar_ninja » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:54 pm

dumbo wrote:Anyone using 10 speed or 11 speed with a 28 cassette and a short cage shimano rear mech experience rubbing?
Wat do you mean with 'rubbing'?
2 Tacx T2800 NEO's & TTS4. COPLATE Rocking plate
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7 7700K 4-core (8 threads) 4,2Ghz; Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5; 250GB SSD; 16GB RAM
Philips 4K 43inch
SportTracks, Strava, Garmin Connect, Veloviewer

Blueberry

Post by Blueberry » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:15 pm

dumbo wrote:Anyone using 10 speed or 11 speed with a 28 cassette and a short cage shimano rear mech experience rubbing?

10speed with 28 and the cage is not rubbing or touching the NEO. But I think that may depend on the bike frame, too...

dumbo

Post by dumbo » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:43 pm

Blueberry wrote:

10speed with 28 and the cage is not rubbing or touching the NEO. But I think that may depend on the bike frame, too...
much appreciated

what model of rear mech?

how far is your rear mech from the ridge at the bottom of the winged legs?

Blueberry

Post by Blueberry » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:02 am

dumbo wrote:
Blueberry wrote:

much appreciated

what model of rear mech?

how far is your rear mech from the ridge at the bottom of the winged legs?

Di2 Ultegra. As I am not a home for the next 10 days I cannot measure the distance, sorry.

constellation

Post by constellation » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:06 pm

Anyone using the Neo with a Giant Defy Advanced with disc brakes? Wondering if I will have clearance issues with the brake caliper.

Thanks!

SaikuringuSean

Post by SaikuringuSean » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:49 am

Stueys wrote:Multiple bikes with Shimano Ultegra 6800.

1. The derailleur rubs the trainer on the largest cog. Some bikes it even touches the flywheel. - Check you've got the right spacer washers in, there is a known issue with Campy deraileur but Ultegra should be fine.
2. The pedaling stroke vibrates, like I'm pedaling a squarish wheel or like there is one of those vibration massage things on the cranks. It feels very awkward. - Tacx have acknowledged an issue with some manufactured units where a bearing hasn't been installed correctly (check dcrainmaker site for details, comments in the neo review). Sounds like the issue you've got, it needs to go back to the distributor to be fixed. It's been branded the 'sawbone' issue. I would send back
3. The trainer never sleeps or shutdown, even after hours idling it still makes noise like a fan or something is on and it's warm to the touch. - Pull the plug out the back when you aren't using the trainer

I'm also own other SMART trainers and don't have the same issues there, so looking for a solution or will have to return it.
I've picked up the Ultegra 6800 myself. What is the preferred method for using the spacers on it so nothing is rubbing? Has this design issue been addressed in later Neo's?

SaikuringuSean

Post by SaikuringuSean » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:44 pm

So, my bike is shifting perfectly on the road, no issues with chain rubbing derailleur or anything else, shifts perfectly and is overall in sync. However, I throw it on the Neo tonight and it seems outta whack. Is that normal? Neo is updated to latest firmware and the black piece is lubed up (actually it was already quite lubed up inside and out so not an issue there. I guess I'll have to adjust derailleur each and every time I go from road to indoor? Advice greatly appreciated.

ms6073

Post by ms6073 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:59 pm

SaikuringuSean wrote:I throw it on the Neo tonight and it seems outta whack. Is that normal?
Two possibilities. First, if the spacing of the freehub of the rear wheel from your road bike does not match the Neo, then you can add .5mm freehub/cassette shim to either the freehub of the rear wheel or the Neo, which ever has the narrower spacing. Alternately, if the chain on the road bike is older and the cassette on the Neo is brand new and you are experiencing chattering/skipping of the chain, then it may be time for a new chain and cassette on the road bike.
TTS 4.19.1 | T2800 NEO Smart
MSI GS70 Laptop | Windows 10 x64 | Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.40 GHz | 16 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz | GeForce GTX 870M
Samsung 32" LED TV

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”