Vortex Amber light after update

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

TorArne

Re: Vortex Amber light after update

Post by TorArne » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:21 am

Hi

Any one received an answer on what is the root cause for the issue. Will there be any fix for this. I experienced the same, and after a lot of tries I managed to fix it the way Tacx instruct us to do.
Did not have time to train after it was fixed, so was never able to test immediately.
Actually when I was able to use by I-Vortex one week after I fixed, it lasted only for 7 minutes before I saw on the computer that I have lost connection to the brake again, and again found the amber light. Luckily for me, it was fixed by pulling out the power to the brake a few times and it was back to "normal"

If there are no fix coming for this, I am pretty sure my next trainer will not be a tacx.

Maurobeck

Post by Maurobeck » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:57 pm

So after reading about the issue, i've been hit with same problem. Out of the blue just when you need to train, nothing is more annoying than this. I'm on Zwift and on a Mac so it is a major problem to now update by finding a Windows PC. Tacx customer service as always unresponsive and the whole software is simply just shit and not in line with the price tag of the trainer. I know what my next set-up is and it won't be Tacx.

ljickr

Post by ljickr » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:16 pm

Does any of the tacx employees listen here their customers?

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:48 am

ljickr wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:16 pm
Does any of the tacx employees listen here their customers?
You should not expect this.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:41 pm

Tacx has never closely monitored this forum. It is more of a user group.

anders____j

Post by anders____j » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:48 pm

I have the same issue. Amber light all of a sudden.
Have tried manual update via the updater.exe from the PC but it cannot find the break. The utility app (android) cannot find the break.
The I-vortex computer cannot find the break.
I have tried switching usb-ports for the ant+ antenna since I have noticed that problem before.

My i-Voretx computer and my taxc heart rate monitor connects fine with the PC. But not the break.

I Have submitted a ticket to tacx, see if the have any ideas...

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:01 pm

anders____j wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:48 pm
Have tried manual update via the updater.exe from the PC but it cannot find the break.
Place the break as close as possible to the ANT+ antenna.
MCUSTOMS wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:28 am
Unplugged everything. Restarted PC, restarted my brake unit so it was found at 3rd attempt.
Upload completed, grrrreeen light is on :)
Please restart everything, for me turning off software was not enough...
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:18 pm

Don't know why firmware updating can be so touchy, but the advice of Alex is good. If you are using a PC to update firmware, I have found that some ANT sticks seem to work better than others. I have also found that it can take more than one try to update the firmware and it often takes a long time, so you have to be very patient. However, I do not recall being in the situation where it was stuck on flashing orange, which is not a good sign.

anallac

Post by anallac » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:55 am

My Vortex smart trainer is also stuck with an amber light. I have tried going to the directory indicated in the beginning of this thread, but do not have an updater.exe. There is nothing useful in this folder. And, when I try to run something called the TacxDiagnosticUpdater it fails. I am so frustrated as there doesn't seem to be any help for this. As we all know... this is not a cheap trainer. It should work! At a minimum, it should have a way to reset it / force an update to re-apply.
Still looking for help if anyone has any suggestions, thanks!

anallac

Post by anallac » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:12 pm

This has been resolved by following the instructions in the following:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=34546&p=205225#p205225

Light is back to green and have successfully calibrated in both the Tacx utility and TrainerRoad.
thanks everyone for your help!

Duane

Post by Duane » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Tacx support wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:53 am
We have seen customers with an problem after updating the brake via the software.
The brake will show an amber light instead of a green blinking one.

To fix this you will need to close the software.

Then go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacx\TacxTrainersoftware4\updater\TacxUpdate\TacxUpdater
(make sure the ANT+ antenna is plugged in)

Then select the Vortex and then the brake and start the update.
I have to say that it’s a bit disappointing to see the number of issues like this. Just purchased a vortex and set it up. Calibration was flaky but got it to work with the training app. Did the FTP and all worked well. Next day plugged it in and got the orange light.

Contacted Tacx and tried all of the suggestions. Nothing. They said the yellow light indicates it’s stuck in update mode and sent me a file to install that downgrades the firmware. This seemed to install but no change. It let me then do the update again and that seemed to complete but no change.

Last suggestion is to return the brake to the shop as it needs to be replaced. I’m contacting the bike shop to see about replacing it. It’s 1 week old. What I’m worried about is having this happen again. Especially once the warranty is up.

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”