Firmware update 1.1.317

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

gruffle

Firmware update 1.1.317

Post by gruffle » Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 pm

Followed the clearly written instruction to the letter and update worked first time.

Havent used the trainer so much recently as weather been okay, but it does seem much more progressive now especially if climbing during an RLV at low cadence when you run out of gears and legs - a definite improvement.
All aligned and straightforwardly calibrated. Good job, thankyou to the Tacx devs.

The only slight query I have is a slight mechanical buzzing sensation being fed back through the bike, a bit like riding a mtb with knobbly tyres on the street. Of course this feature might encourage the wife to use it some more :wink:

I'll try another alignment next time I ride to see if this cures it.

mcorn

Re: Firmware update 1.1.317

Post by mcorn » Wed May 14, 2014 1:34 am

gruffle wrote:The only slight query I have is a slight mechanical buzzing sensation being fed back through the bike, a bit like riding a mtb with knobbly tyres on the street.
I assume your tire has good radial truness (no egg shapes), so this is more likely caused by a dirty tire, dirty roller, or failing bearings in the brake.

Also, be sure you have a calibration value in the green zone as too much or too little tension on the roller might contribute to this.

blakejp

Post by blakejp » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:56 am

I tried this update but just get 'unable to laod EbeTacxAnt.dll' after hitting the 'update' button (after I have entered the serial number of the igenius) on the Genius Firmware Update 0.0 build 788 tool.

The Genius brake is currently on version 1.1.309

I went through all the instructions. The software and brake are communicating via the ANT. I know this because I aligned the brake ok.

Not sure what to try now?

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:31 am

blakejp wrote:I tried this update but just get 'unable to laod EbeTacxAnt.dll' after hitting the 'update' button (after I have entered the serial number of the igenius) on the Genius Firmware Update 0.0 build 788 tool.

I went through all the instructions. The software and brake are communicating via the ANT. I know this because I aligned the brake ok.

Contact support@tacx.com

lg82851

Post by lg82851 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:48 am

blakejp wrote:I tried this update but just get 'unable to laod EbeTacxAnt.dll' after hitting the 'update' button (after I have entered the serial number of the igenius) on the Genius Firmware Update 0.0 build 788 tool.

did you find a solution for this !?? I have exactly the same !

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”