No connection between head unit and brake after using app

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

Lani

No connection between head unit and brake after using app

Post by Lani » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi all,

Just bought my 2nd Tacx trainer (i-Vortex), got the software installed on my laptop, and have trained 8-10 times without any problems at all. Decided to try out the new app on the iPad, which works fine as well.

After training on the iPad, I wanted to get back to the head unit/laptop for a training, but the brake cannot connect to the head unit/laptop any longer. I have made sure to "unpair" the brake with the iPad app, but it still doesn't work. The head unit now provides the following error message: E021

Anyone tried something similar? Does anyone know what the error message translates into?

Thanks for any feedback before I turn to the Tacx support email.

mcorn

Re: No connection between head unit and brake after using ap

Post by mcorn » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:05 am

I have not seen that error message on my Vortex, so I would contact support@tacx.nl. Be sure you have power cycled both the display and the brake before trying to pair to the computer. I found that the brake could get locked out in some cases and a rebooting (unplug and replug of brake and turn diplay off and on) of everything was required.

Also, be sure the brake is pairing with the display because all communications to the brake from the PC are mediated through the display. Go into the brake setup screen and press the up button to pair it again.

StenLindberg

Post by StenLindberg » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:58 am

I am facing same problem. Cannot get connection between brake and head unit after using my ipad and the app. My head unit shows E021.

I have tried a few things:
unpair the brake before exiting the app
powered the brake off/on
removed the batteries from the head unit and re-inserted after 1 h wait
tried to repeat the setup process for the head unit (it seems to remember my previous settings)

As I am drying out for ideas - suggestions are welcomed - thanks in advance

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:19 pm

I managed to finally find a solution using the trial and error method. It turns out you need to re-establish connection between the head-unit and the brake (it seems when using the iPad, it overtakes the connection leaving out the head-unit). Re-establishing the connection is mentioned in the online FAQ here: http://www.tacx.com/en/service/analyse/ ... unit-t1962

It makes the brake and head-unit connect again to the PC, and the software then works as it should. As soon as I use the iPad, I have the same connection problem again...but now I at least know how to fix it.

kanesaxo

Re: No connection between head unit and brake after using app

Post by kanesaxo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:29 pm

Today i had the same problem.

I've worked through Tacx App on android and then the brake stopped working at the Head unit.

So the solution: (turn off, battery pull, re calibrate does not work!)

Press for 5" the buttons < > at the head unit.

Then press 3 times > (to get to the brake info screen).

Then press 1 time down button (to reset)

Calibrate and ready.

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”