SRM with Bushido Issue

General discussion about the Bushido Ergo/VR trainer

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

SRM with Bushido Issue

Postby zakymaa » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi,

I have a problem with SRM when coupled with Bushido. Today I connect my SRM and calibrated fine with the Bushido Head Unit. I did VR for about 20m and closed it and did another VR. After I started the second VR the power was off, I put 150 watts and Bushido displayed less than 75 and sometimes 80. If I do 20 watts on my SRM the bushido unit displays 800 or 900 watts once accelerate again it gave me low power.

After sometime with this low power and low speed in the VR and the struggle, it slowly picked up the power again.

Does anyone experience the same issue when coupled with SRM? My software and firmware is upto date.

Thanks
zakymaa

Re: SRM with Bushido Issue

Postby ms6073 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Yes, in addition to frequent 'false' pause popups, I have also experienced varying power levels when I tried to execute several training programs one after the other. Although I no longer use Bushido paired to the SRM, I found that to get accurate power while paired with Bushido, I could un-pair/re-pair/calibrate between each training although that workaround will not reduce the false pause popups. So this produced reasonably good results, but with false pause popups, it was time consuming and very aggravating and after a time, as I have a rear wheel speed sensor, I found it easier to not pair the SRM, but instead ensure a good calibration of the Bushido at the beginning of each training week (bike comes off the trainer for the weekends), and simply record the SRM data on my Garmin Edge 500.
Last edited by ms6073 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael - Cogito Ergo Sum
__0
_ \ |_
(O)/ (O)
ms6073

Postby rikicarra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:19 pm

I just echo what ms6073 reported. I had only problems with Bushido paired with my Quarq. I suggest you un-pair your SRM, your life will be easier.
iGenius + BlackTrack - TTS3.12 + TTS4.9
#1: PC
W7 Pro 64bit - 4GB RAM - Asus GTX 560 Ti 2GB
27" FullHD
#2: PC with Core I7 870
W7 Pro 64bit - 4GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
LG 50" plasma screen
rikicarra

Postby zakymaa » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:36 am

Tacx has to do some work to fix the issue, it should be easy to revise the code written for the power reading from the powermeter. It is a known issue now for SRM and other powermeters.

Thanks for your replies.
zakymaa

Postby deadliner » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:05 pm

I was getting "false pause" frequently. And I noticed it was caused by my notebook, which was communicating over wifi heavily. Because ANT+ and wife are on same frequency it could interfere with head unit - brake communication and therefore it could cause "false pause'. So I turned off wifi on my notebook and no more 'false pause' since...

Hope this helps (cell phones can interfere too)...
deadliner

Postby zakymaa » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 am

I contacted the Tacx support again and they are looking into this bug. I got also false reading while on the stand alone mode without pc. Once I stop for 5 or 10 seconds the reading is coming too low, while HR is working fine. They are the same ANT+. If I lose the HR reading because it is out of range I simply pause go back on the controller and resume training and the HR is coupled back to the head unit.

If I always pedaling without stopping SRM is working fine and matching my Garmin. PAUSE is the isssue.

Thanks for your inputs.
zakymaa

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:34 am

I already gave up hope that any new version will come after 3.13. I use Powertap, but still pair it to Bushido in spite of having these problems.

BTW do you use 3.13, too?
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Wed May 01, 2013 11:35 am

zakymaa wrote:I contacted the Tacx support again and they are looking into this bug.

Any feedback from Tacx to you???

I did not follow this forum for a month, but now checked and there is no new version yet to solve this problem.
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Just to ask anybody having more info than me to clarify whether Bushido is still something to be cared as regards this problem.......

Thanks
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby zakymaa » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:35 pm

I have contacted Tacx again and they said it can't be fixed.

I told them to have a refund because they advertise something that didn't work and have issues that cant be fixed. The issue is that this feature is implemented after I have a Bushido for a year. NO REFUND.

In the begining they advertise something that didn't exist at the time of purchase.

I use trainerrod now with the sufferfest video and abondon tacx.
Thank you
zakymaa

Postby ms6073 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:36 pm

While I can understand Tacx not wanting to invest any more resources in TTS 3, since I continue to use TTS 3 I am curious to know if Tacx also implemented this feature with the iGenius/TTS 4?
Michael - Cogito Ergo Sum
__0
_ \ |_
(O)/ (O)
ms6073

Postby zakymaa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:45 pm

I am on TTS 4. It is not the software it is the head unit problem. It. Create more problems when you do a RLV or VR because if your power is zero the movie is paused or slowed down.

Bad thing.
zakymaa

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:06 pm

OK guys, but if it has nothing to do with any TTS version, it must be derived from Bushido itself.

And I am not able to understand why they neglect it. It is correct that pairing with a powermeter was not a part of the deal when most people bought Bushido, but Tacx could regard this issue as some sort of remedy for the advertised google feature, which was part of the deal in fact. I know that the latter is about the PC software, while this bug must be about the firmware of the head unit, but if they have some kind of moral, they must deal with these issues as a package.
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby zakymaa » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:46 am

why coupling was not part of the deal?

The first time I viewed the product before puchase, Tacx mentioned specifically that it can be paired with SRM, powetap, etc.

I bought this Bushido because of this. The problem is stand alone and nothing related to software. If I pause the problem happens.

Thank you.

Mohammad Zaki
zakymaa

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Sorry, I just want mention as part of my fair play (which is not true on Tacx side), that I bought Bushido back in 2011, so before any news about pairing Bushido with PM. My story is different from yours. For me the betrayal (or cheat) by Tacx was the ad to use RLT within TTS3.

But my biggest anger comes not from one feature or another, it is because it seems that Tacx never goes through a proper development process. This company has a trial and error approach with a final cut happening at a time they give up the proper implementation of an idea. Like a talented child without being diligent and structured.
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Return to Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Upgrade PC