Testers wanted for Ant+ wireless power meter firmware update

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Nasz

tretiak

Post by tretiak » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:43 am

Kevinm, I confirm that my heart rate value is wrong when the pause message appears.

Some rides I have few pause messages approximately 4-5 and sometimes up to 20.
Often pause message dissapears after a few seconds, but sometimes pause message is flashing on screen for maybe 10 seconds. I have reported to Tacx.

martin_vortex

Post by martin_vortex » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:06 pm

tretiak: Kevinm, I confirm that my heart rate value is wrong when the pause message appears.

Some rides I have few pause messages approximately 4-5 and sometimes up to 20.
Often pause message dissapears after a few seconds, but sometimes pause message is flashing on screen for maybe 10 seconds. I have reported to Tacx.
I am wondering if you have no power meter linked and turned off the heart rate (in TTS and handlebar unit) you still get pause pop-up messages?

And already received feedback from Tacx support?
I thought of that while riding my bike.
Albert Einstein
On the Theory of Relativity.

tretiak

Post by tretiak » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:43 am

When disconnecting power meter no problem at all. I will try this weekend power meter connected and heart-rate belt disconnected. Maybe it will minimize data transfer to and from head unit.

Answer from Tacx support: Disconnect power meter.

A solution is to record correct power value with Edge 800 instead. Maybe it can be that the battery is not so good in Quarq. Will check if I can see power drops when recording with Edge 800.

zakymaa

Post by zakymaa » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:48 pm

tretiak wrote:When disconnecting power meter no problem at all. I will try this weekend power meter connected and heart-rate belt disconnected. Maybe it will minimize data transfer to and from head unit.

Answer from Tacx support: Disconnect power meter.

A solution is to record correct power value with Edge 800 instead. Maybe it can be that the battery is not so good in Quarq. Will check if I can see power drops when recording with Edge 800.
I have the same issue here with PM. I have SRM and the power is fine on edge 800 but on the Bushido is very low. I calibrated again and the power was fine in the begining on Bushido, but later it dropped again.
Very diappointing. Lots of issues.

Tisztul_A_Visztula

Re:

Post by Tisztul_A_Visztula » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Kevinm wrote:This is a known and persistent bug and appears to be due to a temporary lack of acquisition by TTS of the ANT+ values.

Report it to Tacx and hopefully it will be corrected as was the false overheating warning in the current TTS release.
But the fix did not happen.

mcorn

Re: Testers wanted for Ant+ wireless power meter firmware up

Post by mcorn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Because my Genius brake is not working, I decided to use my dusty Bushido and pair with a PowerTap ANT+ power meter. (I updated to the current firmware for both the headunit and brake.) I find that the system pauses every 5 minutes or so (for anywhere from a second to 15 seconds) and at times loses communication completely with the Bushido head unit, which requires terminating the ride. Some rides seem to go pretty well with only a few 1 second pauses while others have long pauses and/or permanent disconnections, so it is not very predicatable.

I also notice that each time I start the Bushido, I have to pair and then connect my ANT+ HRM. For some reason it neither remembers nor automatically connects to HRM. However, the power meter does remember and does automatically connect.

This all looks like ANT+ issues. I am currently using the Tacx T2018 next to the head unit on a USB extension, which seems to give the best performance. I find both the Suunto ANT Movestick and the relatively new Garmin miniature ANT+ stick to be less reliable.

The Bushido brake itself seems to work generally okay. My guess is if the Bushido brake did not rely on being self-powered and had a plug-in option (or perhaps an internal rechargeable battery) to at least power the ANT+ circuitry, it would work a lot better.

Tisztul_A_Visztula

Post by Tisztul_A_Visztula » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:08 pm

Thanks for the confirmation.

To be honest I could not convince Tacx Support that all the issues you listed are something to be resolved by Tacx itself.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:48 am

Did a longer ride on the Bushido with the PowerTap hub disconnected and had no pauses or dropped connections, so it looks like having an external power meter is the main problem. I did notice that power changes in the brake seemed to be a lot more abrupt without the PowerTap. Not sure if that was just this particular course or related to how the power meter contributes to brake control.

So, this must be a brake firmware issue. I think this has been reported for at least year. Not sure why it hasn't been fixed.

Tisztul_A_Visztula

Post by Tisztul_A_Visztula » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:28 pm

Here is thread in this matter:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=21010&p=145754#p145754

Another one:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=19977

The second part of this one is also about it
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=20573

I sent at least half a dozen emails about it and as you can see there were more people complaining.

I also complained about the HR belt issue, too. I mean it is forgotten by Bushido/TTS3

LeonIsylum

Post by LeonIsylum » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:43 am

I was looking for a thread about getting a new firmware for my Genius to convert it to transmit power via standard ANT+ protocols, so that I could receive the power data with my Garmin 920XT and also to use the Genius as a power meter for Zwift.

Any news about such a firmware update in the works?
Or is this not the right thread (because the subject seems to match what I am looking for)?

lalacurf121

Post by lalacurf121 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:26 am

Thank, I am newmember ,recommend to me plz :o

Nasz

Post by Nasz » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:30 am

This is a pretty old thread and not appropriate anymore.

Tacx are reviewing what needs to be done to provide ANT+ functionality to the Genius - as stated in other posts.

Am closing this thread (unless anyone wants it open?) PM me or any other Moderators
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy

Old RLV TTS Files / RLV GE Routes / GPX Smoother / TTS4.x RLV Fix / Conconi Test / Training Plans, etc.,
http://www.lunicus.org/tacx.htm

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”