update firmware help on Bushido

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

Slogfester

Post by Slogfester » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:31 am

I just had the misfortune of installing TTS 2.0.1 (on a brand new Win7x64 system) and upgrading TTS to 2.0.2 and then the head and brake units.

Updating TTS is straight forward enough (as long as you remember to turn off Autoplay when inserting the original DVD), but the head and brake took multiple attempts. If you update one and not the other (because in my case I could not read the pop up windows properly- another bug under Win7?), then they wont talk to eachother and then wont connect. Mine first would not connect with TTS and then showed versions 0.0.0! Eventually I read FAQ 18 from here:
http://www.tacx.com/en/service/faq/inde ... oryId=6122
and by deleting the file settings.tts I eventually (after many tries/reboots) forced TTS to re-scan/connect with my head/brake unit. Updating via TTS then appeared to work, but the firware version kept showing as an older version and hence needing updating again.

And yes, I had the ANT dongle 10 cm away from the brake and computer. Yes, I pedalled like a mad man! And yes I tried to update via Updater.exe, but if you dont have a connection, that wont work.

3 hours later :shock: I eventually managed to get it all installed/upgraded.

What a dogs dinner! This really needs improving Tacx.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:38 am

I can't address all of your issues (you do have to be diligent in pedaling in order to update the brake unit), but your problem of hard to read windows may be caused by either the lack of current drivers for your video card or having the DPI setting on your computer to more than 100%.

Slogfester

Post by Slogfester » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:08 am

mcorn:

yep, luckily I'd read this forum, so remembered something about the dpi settings. See my comment:
viewtopic.php?p=78311#78311

and yes, I'd made sure that all drivers were bang up to date from original manufacturers before installation.... i'd read this forum ;) [even though, like most Dells, my system had been custom built just days a go]

well, the drivers (e.g. DirectX 12) were up to date, before TTS installed older ones over the top :shock:

Thanks for your and others help on this forum.

M10

Re: update firmware help on Bushido

Post by M10 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Fortius Magical Man wrote:Some customers have problems on updating the firmware

Hereby a document when the update firmware goes wrong
1. First, connect the Bushido with the TTS software (goes automatic)
2. Then click in the Main menu on UPDATE (to version 0.5.1)

If this goes wrong during the update, there is an seperate update program on the disc. Make sure that you put your Bushudio computer next to the ANT stick

Download this document for more information

http://www.xtraspace.nl/~ilink/support/ ... update.pdf
This link is no longer active. Do you have a new link to this document? Thank you

jon42

Post by jon42 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:39 am

I found the installation process pretty straightforward if rather long; it really seems to work very well now if you follow the tips from the contributions above. :D

First I installed TTS2.0 from the disk. Then I started TTS, which notified me of updates so I downloaded and installed the update to TTS2.0.2.0. Then I reran TTS which proposed an update from TTS2.0.2.0 to TTS2.0.3.0, which I installed.

After running TTS again, I installed the proposed update to the brake unit. I made sure the wireless connection was good by plugging the USB ANT stick into a USB hub and draping the hub around the brake unit (on the flashing light side to be close to the electronics). Strangely enough, I didn't see any update proposed for the computer unit, so maybe my newly purchased Bushido already has the latest computer firmware.

The only hiccup was TTS repeatedly told me my brake unit still needed the same update and then told me it was already installed when I tried to install it. Pedalling for several minutes seemed to cure this problem.

svenor100

Post by svenor100 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Could somebody help me, I don't have acces to this link and I have tried everything else to update my bushido and so far with no succes...

Thanks in advance for any response.

JJ

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:39 am

svenor100 wrote:Could somebody help me, I don't have acces to this link and I have tried everything else to update my bushido and so far with no succes...

Thanks in advance for any response.

JJ
Have you looked here:

http://www.tacx.com/en/service/software ... ushido.dot

thobraa

Problems updating the brake inside the training software

Post by thobraa » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:36 am

Hi,
I've been trying hard to update the brake and not really sure if I ever made it. I tried again and again inside the training software but it only recognised the bushido computer, not the brake. The update of the computer went well. Then I tried using the manual update, which said it updated it, but it is version 0.3.007, isn't the latest version supposed to be 0.3.7? Now it says no more updates available, is it updated or do I need to do something else? Anyways, from my first test drives tonight! Wow, I'm impressed by the features I have figured out so far. Thanks for any help!

MikeHanson

Post by MikeHanson » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:03 pm

I have just tried to update my controller unit and now I have nothing. The controller shows nothing on the screen and when I remove or replace the batteries I get a couple of beeps and a blank screen.

I read mention of a reset procedure anyone know this please?

I can't download the pdf, none of the links work for me, is it available elsewhere?

BTW I am still on TTS 1, waiting for arrival of my TTS2 order

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:57 am

MikeHanson wrote:I have just tried to update my controller unit and now I have nothing. The controller shows nothing on the screen and when I remove or replace the batteries I get a couple of beeps and a blank screen.

I can't download the pdf, none of the links work for me, is it available elsewhere?

Have you tried #9 on this FAQ:

bushido69

Post by bushido69 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:25 am

MikeHanson wrote:I have just tried to update my controller unit and now I have nothing. The controller shows nothing on the screen and when I remove or replace the batteries I get a couple of beeps and a blank screen.

:D

How to mend
In the beginning・・・
I cannot speak English well. (^^;.
Everybody, and please work hard and understand.
There is no method of mending except that the renewal of the computer is ended when anything doesn't reflect on controller's screen. Maybe, ・・・ (^^;.

Then, it is how to mend.
It updates it with the manual.
Reference
http://www.tacx.com/en/service/software ... ushido.dot

However, it is rare to recognize the bushido computer by one time.
It is a failure when displayed on the screen of PC, "Bushido initialization is failed.this program has to quit".
Please try until pulling out "Ant-Stick", opening again, and being displayed, "Connect device to computer".
It is a success if displayed, "Connect device to computer" by the establishment of about 90%.
It succeeds if the update progresses as it is.
Please try again when there is no reaction.

Please pierce "Ant-Stick" to another USB connector or reboot PC when "Connect device to computer" is not displayed easily.

jimppa147

Post by jimppa147 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:44 pm

Finally got round to updating the firmware, and it was a breeze. I did the update manually (no Internet connection), and the only tiny problem was an error the first time I tried to update the steerer unit (worked fine the second time). I didn't use a USB extention, my computer is about a metre away from the steerer unit and I figured the benefit of a direct USB connection would outweigh any ANT reception improvement from closer positioning.

Thanks especially to mcorn for his invaluable advice.

TheRedAaron

Post by TheRedAaron » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Don't forget to make sure that your steering computer is connected to your brake unit. Make sure TTS is turned off so that you have control over your steering computer. Then Settings->Brake->Connect while pedalling will connect you up.

Until I did this the brake unit would not show in TTS.

Once TTS knwe about the brake everything else was plain sailing.

bredy

Post by bredy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:55 pm

No news?
No update?

I think there are many possibility to upgrade the software of the bushido display.
Bushido Trainer - Italian

bredy

Post by bredy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:35 pm

qualcuno dice che c'è una versione 0.5.4 del firmware, ma dove si trova o è valida solo per i nuovi dispositivi?

bredy

Post by bredy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:24 am

The new bushido have his firmware 0.5.4 for the console and 0.3.8 for the brake.
I see that the console is new with backlight.

But the brake I think don't have no modification, than why don't put the firmware on the website for all people?

I read that the new firmware of the console have the low-battery indicator why don't upgrade the old console with this fine utility?

xdptoddx

Post by xdptoddx » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:37 am

I posted this somewhere else, but have a similar problem. i have a garmin ant stick and when i tried to download the computer firmware update it said their was a problem initializing the ant+. has anyone else run into this problem?

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Did you have it on a USB extension lead as close to Brake as possible, ie: with 30cm
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

soap

Post by soap » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:47 am

malfukt wrote:Did you have it on a USB extension lead as close to Brake as possible, ie: with 30cm
Yes, i have it on an usb extension and within 30cm.... :cry:

soap

Post by soap » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:04 am

Is there a firmware update? If so, what does it include?

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”