Tacx Neo - broken bolt?

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

Matcrawf

Tacx Neo - broken bolt?

Post by Matcrawf » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:56 pm

I’ve had my Neo for ~2 years. With 3 little toddlers at home I feel fair saying this trainer has “saved” my sanity

This morning I found one of the 6 bolts on the non-drive side had snapped and fallen out of the trainer. The bottom 1/4” of the bolt is still in the trainer, but not much

Has this happened to anyone else? Is the trainer still safe to ride? How do I fix?

Mick173

Re: Tacx Neo - broken bolt?

Post by Mick173 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:40 pm

I found the same thing yesterday. I've had my Neo 2.5 years and yesterday saw one of the bolts on the floor as well. I took photos of the bolt and holes on the Neo and sent them to tacx asking them if anything is likely to fall into the drive, how I can remove the part bolt to get it fixed and if it is safe to still ride. Not yet had a reply will post when I do.

Mick173

Post by Mick173 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:06 pm

Reply from Tacx
Dear Mick

we are sorry to hear that. This will not cause any problems on the unit. Keep the part inside
If you want, but we would not advise to do that now, we can exchange and repair it in the future but we suggest to do this in may or so, due to the busy season (could take a while before you have your trainer back)

Kind Regards

Tacx Support

cammattscott

Post by cammattscott » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:37 am

Amazing timing...moved mine today to clean around it and the bolt was snapped as well, fell right out.

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”