Tacx Bushido for Tablets

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

Rolling Stone

Tacx Bushido for Tablets

Post by Rolling Stone » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:58 pm

I am thinking about purchasing Tacx Bushido for Tablets, which only works with bluetooth and I am not sure if I will be able to control it. Could someone please reply if it works with Garmin Edge 1030? Does it work with any Mac or tablet (Android or iOS) software without subscription? I.e., I do not need all this fancy staff like real time video and online competition, but I need to be able to create and run my own programs. I do not see why I have to pay a subscription fee for this.

Alex Masalovich

Re: Tacx Bushido for Tablets

Post by Alex Masalovich » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:03 pm

The T2790 Bushido for Tablet was the first Bushido with the capability of Bluetooth connectivity. The T2790 Bushido for Tablet only broadcasts the Tacx Bluetooth protocol, meaning that it can only connect to the Tacx Training app or the Tacx Cycling app. It is not a Smart trainer.

https://support.tacx.com/hc/en-us/artic ... and-models
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:47 pm

Although the Bushido might seem attractive, its lack of an external power supply can make it a pain to calibrate and download firmware updates to. I had a prior model and am not crazy about it.

Having a Smart trainer that has both ANT+ and Bluetooth capability is a big advantage in terms of maximum compatibility and flexibility for software connections.

Rolling Stone

Post by Rolling Stone » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:58 am

mcorn wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:47 pm
Although the Bushido might seem attractive, its lack of an external power supply can make it a pain to calibrate and download firmware updates to. I had a prior model and am not crazy about it.

Having a Smart trainer that has both ANT+ and Bluetooth capability is a big advantage in terms of maximum compatibility and flexibility for software connections.
I have the old Bushido which only supports ANT+ and has an old protocol not supported by modern devices such as Garmin Edge. I think it's been many years since the last update was released, so updates are not a problem at all. I like it, but I would like to replace the head unit with some other device, where I could store and analyze data. From this table it looks like Bushido for Tablets should be compatible with Tacx Desktop application. And here it says that basic features are free. But I would like to make sure before making a buying decision.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:21 am

Rolling Stone wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:58 am
I think it's been many years since the last update was released, so updates are not a problem at all.
As long as you are comfortable. Firmware updates do come along from time to time. My experience is that all models of the Bushido can present firmware update issues. You might want to take a look at the following:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=34946

search.php?keywords=bushido+for+tablet+firmware+update

Rolling Stone

Post by Rolling Stone » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:21 pm

mcorn wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:21 am
Rolling Stone wrote:
I think it's been many years since the last update was released, so updates are not a problem at all.
As long as you are comfortable. Firmware updates do come along from time to time. My experience is that all models of the Bushido can present firmware update issues. You might want to take a look at the following:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=34946

search.php?keywords=bushido+for+tablet+firmware+update
Thanks. I guess I need to try it myself and see how it will work out for me.

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Rolling Stone wrote:
From this table it looks like Bushido for Tablets should be compatible with Tacx Desktop application.
This is a table for Bushido Smart. Be careful.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:49 pm

Alex Masalovich wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:59 pm
Rolling Stone wrote:
From this table it looks like Bushido for Tablets should be compatible with Tacx Desktop application.
This is a table for Bushido Smart. Be careful.
I was also not 100% sure from Tacx documentation that the Bushido for Tablet worked with TDA even though it appeared that it should. It would be helpful if there was a Bushido for Tablet user would could actually confirm that it worked without any issues.

Rolling Stone

Post by Rolling Stone » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:45 pm

So I got me an old (new old stock) Bushido for Tablets and I see a weird thing - only Tacx Cycling App on my MacBook can identify this as "Tacx ANT Brake", which is strange. However neither Tacx Cycling App nor Tacx Utility on my iPhone and iPad can find this device. Is it broken?

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Rolling Stone wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:45 pm
So I got me an old (new old stock) Bushido for Tablets and I see a weird thing - only Tacx Cycling App on my MacBook can identify this as "Tacx ANT Brake", which is strange. However neither Tacx Cycling App nor Tacx Utility on my iPhone and iPad can find this device. Is it broken?
What model number did you buy?

Rolling Stone

Post by Rolling Stone » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:09 pm

mcorn wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:40 pm
No idea. I actually was able to connect iPhone Tacx Traning app, but not Tacx Utility with the device. The worst thing is that I realized that I cannot create my own training plan. It seems that I can only upload a gpx file, but not define my own training profile. Is this really so? I thought I could define gradient/duration just like I did with a previous Bushido.

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:48 am

mcorn wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:40 pm
Rolling Stone wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:09 pm
No idea.
See the label on the surface of the electro unit:

Rolling Stone wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:09 pm
I actually was able to connect iPhone Tacx Traning app, but not Tacx Utility with the device. The worst thing is that I realized that I cannot create my own training plan. It seems that I can only upload a gpx file, but not define my own training profile. Is this really so? I thought I could define gradient/duration just like I did with a previous Bushido.
https://support.tacx.com/hc/en-us/artic ... 5-Workouts

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”