Bushido T1980 electro unit

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Nasz

Dickywhizz

Bushido T1980 electro unit

Post by Dickywhizz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:10 am

Hey Guys,

I am chasing some information about the Bushido T1980 (although I think it will be the same on other Bushido models).

I think my unit has been dropped during transportation and a couple of components on the electro unit PCB have dislodged.

One of them was the 220uH power inductor and the other one was a smaller component which I think should be a resistor.
The inductor was found inside the unit but unfortunately the resistor(?) must have fallen out.

I tried to attached a picture of my circuit board with the missing components highlighted but unfortunately the site would not let me!
So I will try to describe!
The resistor is immediately to the right of the large inductor (with 221 on top), and is the top component in a set of 4.
The bottom two are larger beige capacitors, then the next is a smaller beige capacitor and then I have a gap.

I think the next component should be my resistor but I do not know what value?
I think the inductor is a Wurth Electronik 744770222 but not certain.

Can anyone please tell me what the parts should be or even post a good quality picture of their board?
Or even just post what numbers/letters are printed on top of the resistor?

Thanks in advance
Dicky

Alex Masalovich

Re: Bushido T1980 electro unit

Post by Alex Masalovich » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:02 am

Dickywhizz wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:10 am
I tried to attached a picture of my circuit board with the missing components highlighted but unfortunately the site would not let me!
The forum allows you to embed images from external sites using the img tag, for example:

Code: Select all

[img]https://all4bikes.be/shop/images/tacx/t2784.11b.jpg[/img]

Place your picture on any photohosting.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:45 pm

If I were to place a bet, physical damage to your board sufficient to break off some surface components will have caused other problems as well. I would start looking for another unit. In my opinion, the Bushido was not a great brake, although I am sure others will disagree.

I do have a couple of so-so pictures of my Bushido T1980 board, so if you send me a private message with your email address, I can send them to you. They may not be much help.

P.S. I just looked more carefully at my pictures and I do not see the 221 inductor, so they may have changed boards somewhere along the way.

Dickywhizz

Post by Dickywhizz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:56 am

Thanks for the responses guys.

You may be right regarding the additional damage, time will tell but I'll give it a go first.

Fortunately, after a second begging email to Tacx they have sent me a picture of the section of the board in question.

The resistor I'm chasing is a 1 ohm device. So will keep fingers crossed.

Cheers for now :D

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”