Tacx flow T2240 not able to calibrate

General discussion about the ANT+ Trainers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Nasz

Huwenduro

Tacx flow T2240 not able to calibrate

Post by Huwenduro » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:48 am

Hi I bought a flow t2240 and set it up tonight. However, I can't get the trainer to calibrate.

I get the following message; There was an error during calibration, please try again.

I have read through this forum and found some others who have had this same issue. I have installed the latest firmware (3.1.22) and set the tyre pressure to 110psi. The app seems to show the trainer is working ok otherwise. I get the speed data etc.

I,m running the trainer with an old 26in mtb and a tacx trainer tyre, this combo has been great on my old tacx mag trainer for many years. I have tried increasing and decreasing the pressure on the roller and also the tyre pressure but nothing seems to work. I have tried the old on/off bug fix as well but nothing has worked.

I would really appreciate some help.

Alex Masalovich

Re: Tacx flow T2240 not able to calibrate

Post by Alex Masalovich » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:04 am

Huwenduro wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:48 am
I have installed the latest firmware (3.1.22)
You have a problem with the firmware if only the first part of the firmware number is displayed. Two parts of the firmware number should be displayed, for example 3.1.22/0.4.3.
Check the version number of the Tacx utility app. There should be version 1.8.13. Try uninstall and reinstall the Tacx utility app.

If this does not help, then the solution is to roll back to the previous firmware version.

How to return to the old firmware. There are two ways.

The first way. It allows you to return the second part of the firmware to 0.3.4. This way is for use on a Windows-based computer with an ANT+ antenna:

1) download the Updater from here (no installation required):
https://yadi.sk/d/1J53YYde36LahA
unpack the archive.
Do not perform this step if you have installed the TTS4 and the Updater is already in the folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacx\TacxTrainersoftware4\updater

2) download the firmware 0.3.4 from here:
http://patches.tacxdata.com/data/files/ ... ke_034.bin

3) for the firmware procedure is also required to have an ANT+ antenna for which you need drivers. If such drivers are not yet installed, download them from here:
https://yadi.sk/d/9jp3UJKk33UFb4
unpack the archive and run the file TacxDriversSetup.exe as administrator.
Do not perform this step if the drivers for the ANT+ antenna already installed (for example, when installing Zwift or TTS4).

4) when ready, place the trainer as close as possible to the ANT+ antenna and run the file TacxUpdate.exe from the folder with the Updater. Before you run the utility disconnect the Internet, otherwise the utility will report that there are no updates.

The second way. Request the firmware file from the support@tacx.com. You need to open this file using the Tacx utility app. If you follow this way, please post here a link to the received firmware file for other users.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

Huwenduro

Post by Huwenduro » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Thanks for the reply i will have a look at doing this tonight.

Huwenduro

Post by Huwenduro » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 am

Well this is getting really annoying . The software is up to date 3.1.22/0.4.3 app software is up to date 1.8.13. I have deleted all the apps and reinstalled 3 times, i have tried two further bikes both road bikes and still no calibration. I have ranged the roller pressure from almost off to as tight as i can get it and every 1/2 turn in between. Its taken ages. I have even tried cycling for 20min before calibrating to warm everything up.

I have to ask why should i have down grade the firmware? Surely this 'smart' trainer should work with the current firmware or is there a problem with it!

I want to run my trainer with on my samsung tab s2 as it is ant+ enabled. Now im going to have to buy and ant+ dongle for my computer to downgrade the firmware on the smart trainer. Really! Quite honestly this is not acceptable. It should work out of the box.

Please does anyone have any ideas or should i return this and get another brand of 'smart' trainer.

Its all very disappointing.

Alex Masalovich

Post by Alex Masalovich » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Huwenduro wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 am
I have to ask why should i have down grade the firmware?
This is one of the ways to find a solution to a problem. You are free in your choice.
Huwenduro wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 am
Now im going to have to buy and ant+ dongle for my computer to downgrade the firmware on the smart trainer.
Note the second way, implemented through the request to the support. Here, the ant+ dongle is not needed.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

Huwenduro

Post by Huwenduro » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Alex I appreciate your help.

However, having had enough with this trainer I decided to return it and get another. The new one works fine. Obviously a faulty unit.

Thanks

Return to “Tacx Bushido/Vortex/Genius/Neo”