When are workouts uploaded to cloud?

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

Russell_C

When are workouts uploaded to cloud?

Post by Russell_C » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:52 am

Hi, I have found a couple of times that workouts don't get uploaded, or maybe take a few days. Has anyone else found this?
This evening, I was trying out a few different settings so did 2 very short rides, which uploaded fine.
Then I did a 45 minute ride (3 hours ago) but it still hasn't uploaded. I have tried exiting the TDA and restarting my Mac, but no joy.
I wonder of the file won't actually upload until I reconnect to the (Bushido) trainer? That's in the garage so not really convenient to go out again & start riding just to upload the file!

TIA
Russell

mcorn

Re: When are workouts uploaded to cloud?

Post by mcorn » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:11 am

It is extremely rare for any completed ride data to be lost, but sometimes it can be slow, the reasons for which I do not fully understand. If for some reason, the upload did not get started before you turned off your Mac, it may require that you start your computer and program again, but it should not be necessary to do any riding.

If for some reason, the ride never makes it to the cloud, I would report that to support@tacx.com as they are sensitive to this issue and would want to know the details.

Russell_C

Post by Russell_C » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:20 am

mcorn wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:11 am
It is extremely rare for any completed ride data to be lost, but sometimes it can be slow, the reasons for which I do not fully understand. If for some reason, the upload did not get started before you turned off your Mac, it may require that you start your computer and program again, but it should not be necessary to do any riding.

If for some reason, the ride never makes it to the cloud, I would report that to support@tacx.com as they are sensitive to this issue and would want to know the details.
Thanks, I restarted the Mac about 40 mins after finishing the ride, so it should have had plenty of time to upload. The only other thing that might make a difference is I ride in the garage using tethering to the mobile network on my phone, but when I come into the flat I use the normal wi-fi.

Anyway, I will let you know if / when it gets uploaded.

Lunatix
Site Admin

Post by Lunatix » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Rides are always uploaded directly - if they did not manage to upload the first time a "retry attempt" will start each time you start TDA. So starting TDA with a solid internet connection might help the issue.

Russell_C

Post by Russell_C » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Just got back to my trainer & reconnected, did a short ride & ended. It uploaded immediately. Unfortunately the 45 minute 'real' workout on the same film from 15th January still hasn't uploaded, so I will contact Support.

Thanks both for your input.
Russell

pinapete

Post by pinapete » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:38 pm

I have the same problem with a pc. The Pyrenees Raid 2 does not upload a ride. Even after delete and redown loading and riding again. But other rides work. Maybe some are faulty and other not. Would be nice to know which are.
And I know the ride was done as there is the yellow line record with the ride profiles of my rides. Also does not upload to Strava.

pinapete

Post by pinapete » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:48 am

happy to say hours later the workout did get uploaded to the Tacx Cloud and Strava

Zouf

Post by Zouf » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:20 pm

I had a similar issue (and in my case the workout was lost). To simplify things, the app will attempt to upload the results at the end of the training; if for some reason it is unsuccessful (network connection down, Tacx server lost in hyperspace, whatever), the results file stays in a temporary folder, and the app will attempt to upload again at the next app startup, and so on until successful. this indicates the solution to a "not uploaded" situation would be to close the app, ensure you have connectivity and cloud.tacx is up and running (a quick opening of cloud.tacx in your favorite browser on the device where TDA is running performs both of these checks), and then re-start the app.

The temp folder where results are stored is:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Tacx.TacxDesktopapp_zcjydbysk4fhm\LocalCache\activities

If this is empty after closing the app, there is no results file waiting to be uploaded. If the results is not visible in cloud.tacx at that point, it's a goner.

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”