Windows 10 tablet can't quit a activity

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

free2rhyme2k

Windows 10 tablet can't quit a activity

Post by free2rhyme2k » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi there,

Using a Windows 10 tablet, with no keyboard. How can I quit an activity. If I stop pedalling, then it says hit ESC to quit, but as I have no keyboard on the tab, how do I do this???

Thanks

mcorn

Re: Windows 10 tablet can't quit a activity

Post by mcorn » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:13 pm

My solution for an excellent and inexpensive handlebar controller is a $25 Bluetooth keypad and a $5 handlebar GPS mount from eBay. Phil gave me the idea for the keypad. You can reprogram the keybindings in TDA to whatever keys are available on the keypad. I happen to use the TAB key on the keyboard to end a ride.

This $30 solution is everything and more that the older Tacx handlebar controllers did for lots less money.

I assume that you have a pointer function with your tablet that enables you to navigate through the various TDA screens.

You could also buy a BT keypad, but I think that is awkward and a lot more than you need.

free2rhyme2k

Post by free2rhyme2k » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:43 pm

Thanks for the reply.

It all seems a bit overkill to press one button essentially once or twice a week. If it comes down to it, I can use the Windows Accessibility Features and enable the on screen keyboard, but it seems like such a clunky way to do it. Isn't there a simple confirm end ride button or something that I'm not seeing???

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:40 am

free2rhyme2k wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:43 pm
Thanks for the reply.

It all seems a bit overkill to press one button essentially once or twice a week. If it comes down to it, I can use the Windows Accessibility Features and enable the on screen keyboard, but it seems like such a clunky way to do it. Isn't there a simple confirm end ride button or something that I'm not seeing???
There are current aroundly 25 keyboard functions that can be used during the course of a ride. Esc is only one of them. For example, there are 3 separate full screen displays. Would you like to see the full GPS screen or the data overlay on the video image? How about turning the various widgets on or off. There is a lot you can do, so I don't think it is overkill to have a mini-keypad mounted on your handlebar at all.

free2rhyme2k

Post by free2rhyme2k » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:53 am

Not bothered about fiddling during the ride, just want to end it sometimes!!!

Is the answer no then, you absolutely do require a keyboard to achieve this??!

Spiix
Developer

Post by Spiix » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:37 am

I'm afraid you need some sort of input other than touch, yes. Can you use the onscreen keyboard ?

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”