Vortex Brake No Longer Working

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

DRBA22

Vortex Brake No Longer Working

Post by DRBA22 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but it appears that the braking function no longer works on my Tacx Vortex trainer. I have fired off an email to Tacx Support and I am awaiting a response.
It has worked up to about two weeks ago, but today I noticed there was no resistance when riding the Dordogne and even managed to ride up Gold Hill on the big ring. Again, no resistance on the pedals but the calculated speed was corrected for the gradient. BTW I am more Balsa-man than Ironman.
To confirm that it isn't a fault with the trainer, I calibrated the brake on TTS4 and then proceeded to ride a hilly course. In this setup the brake worked as it should, that is requiring constant gear changes.
Can't understand why it's suddenly stopped working, unless there been some "improvement" update.

DRBA22

Re: Vortex Brake No Longer Working

Post by DRBA22 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:41 pm

PS Gradient is set to 100%.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:24 pm

Are other brake functions working such as speed and cadence?

You must have a Vortex Smart as the standard Vortex does not work with TDA. Be sure you are not switching back and forth between TDA Bluetooth and TTS4 ANT+ without first unplugging and rebooting the Vortex Smart brake.

DRBA22

Post by DRBA22 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Speed and cadence are registering although cadence is often "discounted" in the climb.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:51 pm

DRBA22 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:02 pm
Thanks for the reply.
Speed and cadence are registering although cadence is often "discounted" in the climb.
Don't understand what you mean by cadence being discounted. Do you mean it is variable and inaccurate even though it is functioning?

If so, that is not too unusual. Cadence reporting from the brake is often not very accurate.

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”