Use TTS4 RLVs in TDA - possible?

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: malfukt, mcorn, Nasz, Lunatix

biggsy

Use TTS4 RLVs in TDA - possible?

Post by biggsy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi,

I have a number of TTS4 RLVs - is it possible to use these in TDA either directly as AVI files or after conversion to TDA format (I forget what it is)?

mcorn

Re: Use TTS4 RLVs in TDA - possible?

Post by mcorn » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:43 pm

biggsy wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:39 pm
Hi,

I have a number of TTS4 RLVs - is it possible to use these in TDA either directly as AVI files or after conversion to TDA format (I forget what it is)?
Not possible and I do not think Tacx has any plans to make it possible. TTS and TDA use different formats.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:47 am

Many of the TTS4 RLVs filmed since the start of 2013 will also be available in the new software anyway, its just the really old ones that got the chop & many of these have been refilmed with massively better gear. The ones that have been copied over also look a fair bit better as we have been able to increase the resolution 88 pixels horizontally & use a much better recent codec.. Some of the rides have also been completely remastered so they have better colours & contrast. If there are rides you have that you like just say & I can say if your in luck. We have right now about 160 rides in RLV Beta & by tomorrow there should be about 60 in the open version with another smaller batch going in that will focus on just Majorca in the next week or so.

biggsy

Post by biggsy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:13 pm

So what happens to the investment I've already made in RLV's? Why can I not convert them to M4V format and import them to TDA? It seems a bit unfair that if I want to use TDA's superior interface and feedback I have to pay out again to use something that I have already bought.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:14 am

biggsy wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:13 pm
So what happens to the investment I've already made in RLV's? Why can I not convert them to M4V format and import them to TDA? It seems a bit unfair that if I want to use TDA's superior interface and feedback I have to pay out again to use something that I have already bought.
You just have to stay with TTS3 or TTS4 to use the older videos. I don't think it is as simple as just transcoding older videos to make them compatible with TDA.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:46 am

biggsy wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:13 pm
You will also have access to a vast number of new rides that you do not already own. For the price of a single DVD length ride in TTS4 you can gain access to a massive number of new rides for about 4 months. You then have TTS4 for riding the older films & many of the newer ones will be there in TDA also & actually look a lot better. Both software run fine on the same PC, its completely seperate.

TDA runs the ride data via the cloud so the rides data is not held locally, this means there is no way to import a ride to the software the same way you can in TTS4.

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”