TDA Go Live this week

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

Tommo

TDA Go Live this week

Post by Tommo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:39 pm

This was posted on the NEO Facebook page by a moderator so I have no reason to believe this isn't correct. Thought I'd share
Tacx will move to the next phase on monday the 12th of February 2018
This is for WINDOWS 10 only.

This means that all the 25 films that are in the Tacx Desktop application are removed and 40 films will be added.
The adding of the films will take some time, we expect from the removal it will take maximum 48 hours to upload.

You will not have access to the 5 free films anymore. The activities you have done will not be removed. They will stay in the cloud
and can be accessed for analyzing.
If you want to remove the video file, then the standard location of the avi is: Video/Tacx/
The films will be made available in the future again, but we recommend to remove the avi files, to save storage space.

The new films are mentioned in this message.
Tacx will add every month new films to a certain maximum.

There are 2 new demo films, which can be downloaded for free (no subscription needed)

CHClimb Grindelwald, Grosse Scheidegg
UKCycle Tour England, Dorset, Gold Hill

Subscription prices. Gives access to the films available in the Tacx Desktop application.
There are 2 kinds of subscriptions, related to the quality of download.

9,99 Euro for Premium (720P download)
13,99 Euro for Premium HD (high qualitity download)

Year subscriptions will be made available at launch.

In future there will also be options for 4K downloads.
The subscriptions are linked to the cloud features, so it is not only for films, but other features will be made available with the
subscription

AT Climb Kühtai, Oetz - Training with Lotto Jumbo
ATClimb Kitzbuheler Horn
ATClimb World Championship Innsbruck 2018 Road Race

BECycle Tour Mur de Huy
BECycle Tour Dinant to Namur - Cycle Tour
CHClimb Swiss Alps Stage 1 - Gotthard Pass, Airolo
CHCycle Tour Grindelwald, Valley Cycle Tour
CHClimb Grindelwald, Mannlichen
CHClimb Grindelwald, Grosse Scheidegg (used as demo)
CHClimb Innertkirchen, Susten Pass
CHCycle Tour Appenzell - Cycle Tour
CHCycle Tour Grosse Scheidegg Demo
ESCycle Tour Tour of Majorca Stage 1 - Porto Cristo
ESCycle Tour Tour of Majorca Stage 2 - Montuiri
FRCycle Tour Dordogne - Cycle Tour
FRClimb Marmotte 1 - Col du Glandon, Allemond
FRClimb Marmotte 2 - Col du Télégraphe
FRClimb Marmotte 3 - Col du Galibier
FRClimb Marmotte 4 - Alpe d'Huez
FRClimb Etape du Tour 2018 - Col des Glieres
FRClimb Cormet de Roselend Stage 1 - Col du Pré
FRClimb Cormet de Roselend Stage 2 - Roselend Summit
FRClimb Col de Sarenne
FRClimb Villard-Notre-Dame
FRCycle Tour Vallée du Lot - Cycle Tour
FRCycle Tour Normandy, Mont Saint Michel - Cycle Tour
FRClimb Etape du Tour 2017 - Col d'Izoard, Guillestre
FRClimb Risoul, Guillestre
FRCycle Tour Gorges du Tarn Cycle Tour
FRCycle Tour Gorges du Verdon
FRClimb Provence - Mont Ventoux, Malaucéne
FRCycle Tour Provence - Chalet Reynard to Malaucéne
ITCycle Tour Lombardy - Lago d'Iseo
ITCity Trip Bologna - City Trip
ITCycle Tour Gargano National Park Stage 1, Vieste
LUCycle Tour Schleck Gran Fondo 2017, Stage 1
NLCycle Tour Zeeland - CycleTour
UKCycle Tour England, Surrey, Box Hill lap
UKCycle Tour England, Dorset, Gold Hill (uses as demo)

There is a restriction of 30 films downloads per month. As an example you can have 60 films on your PC in 2 months if you want.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2957261 ... 816612090/
Neo Smart
TTS4 4.22.6.0
TDA
Windows 10 64bit
Intel Core i3 540 3.07ghz
4GB Memory
ASUS AMD Radeon R7 240 2 GB DDR3
BenQ W1070+ 1080P HD Projector

Tacx Video Production

Re: TDA Go Live next week

Post by Tacx Video Production » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Thats roughly it, Milan Sanremo & Stelvio will also be added to the list...We have 100s more rides to put into it as the weeks pass

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:57 pm

Would be interested in seeing a link to the exact terms of the subscription program.

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:11 am

Its a shame the 5 free ones that were in Beta aren't included, the Tony Martin one was a good workout with not too much climbing. :-)
Neo Smart
TTS4 4.22.6.0
TDA
Windows 10 64bit
Intel Core i3 540 3.07ghz
4GB Memory
ASUS AMD Radeon R7 240 2 GB DDR3
BenQ W1070+ 1080P HD Projector

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:23 am

Tommo wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:11 am
Its a shame the 5 free ones that were in Beta aren't included, the Tony Martin one was a good workout with not too much climbing. :-)
It will be back, it just needs to be checked, Izoard is in there & lago d'Iseo from that 5

jr11z

Post by jr11z » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:52 am

$18 USD $22 CAD
No Ant+ support now or in the future
Is TTS dead or still just terminally ill?

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:36 am

Ant+ & legacy trainer support will probably come in the next months. They have 2 different ways to workaround the lack of a official driver for the windows apps platform. So that will come eventually.

TTS4 is not dead there is still a very sizable windows 7 based userbase that can’t move to TDA. Then also some customers like to own a ride or the VR. Support has not ended

gruffle

Post by gruffle » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Well I admit to being fed up that Tacx dropped the (overpriced) Genius BT upgrade which meant no TDA for me, I kinda gave up with Tacx as too many issues with TTS so it is sort of my fault for missing the upgrade but Tacx's fault for making TTS such a pain I threw it in a cupboard.
Good news there is a solution coming. I just hope this is not another false rumor or endless delays.

As an alternative - has anyone tried this to see if it could work?

http://store.npe-inc.com/cable-connect-ant-to-ble/

I also would like to see the detail of the subscription, 720P not 1080P is strangfe and a disappointment; inevitable quality impact as not 1:1 on HDTV
A future 4K offering might be interesting but that's a heck of a lot more data, so charges bound to increase.

martin_vortex

Post by martin_vortex » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:45 pm

TDA live, First see then believe :wink:
I thought of that while riding my bike.
Albert Einstein
On the Theory of Relativity.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:05 pm

gruffle wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:14 pm

I also would like to see the detail of the subscription, 720P not 1080P is strangfe and a disappointment; inevitable quality impact as not 1:1 on HDTV
A future 4K offering might be interesting but that's a heck of a lot more data, so charges bound to increase.
There is 720p , 1080p & we also do have many of the rides made available in 2160p (UHD 4K) in TDA!!! :wink: I think they will start with the two HD sizes & do UHD a bit later when there is a sizable list to ride. But Full HD is 100% there in the collection.

if you look at the little ride screenshots you can see the available resolutions.

Niek

Post by Niek » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Nice to know! And so Tacxly... Inform your NEO-group on facebook and put no info on your own official forum. The same with the beta testing some time ago. Shame.

Regarding the list of RLV's: I am missing the (new) Ironman-RLV's. For me no TDA unless some are soon included (Luxembourg :D ).

What about new RLV's for TTS4? When are they added? Or does Tacx think TTS4 is still a too big contender for TDA and decided to let TTS die first a little more (no new RLV's added) to make people switch to TDA???

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:15 pm

I think Tacx have kind of forgot about this forum, It used a lot less over the last couple of years.

For ironman we are waiting on a new sponsorship agreement as it’s a new product.

For TTS4 I have a lot of new rides that can go to it’s collection, it’s just everyone I need is busy with TDA. After it’s rolling then I will push hard to get some available. It’s not that Tacx wants you to take TDA, Tacx makes far more from a regular TTS RLV customer the a TDA one!

gruffle

Post by gruffle » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:26 pm

Tacx Video Production wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:15 pm
I think Tacx have kind of forgot about this forum, It used a lot less over the last couple of years.
probably becasue most users left left Tacx started "tidying up" aka deleting all the posts that complained about TTS :wink:

good news about the 1080p stuff - hate to see your good work compromised.

now just need Tacx to prioritise ANT+ support or provide a sensible way forward for existing users who missed the upgrade.
If they have a problem with manufacturing more electronics tell them to get in touch, my business is contract electronics manufacturing and I will sort it for them at cost. Fair enough?

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:18 am

I would comment the obvious reason Tacx doesn't care about this forum is people are able to search out more issues with software and hardware in the forums where committing to social platforms like Facebook there is less chance people will find older posts or negative history which would view them as incompetent. You might get quicker responses, if you get a response, on social media but I think this forum is still necessary. And if the moderators learn of new News or announcements it should be getting posted here. I don't think they are doing their job in that area.
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Mobo
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Nvidia GTX 980 4095 GDDR5 Mem
Samsung 840 Pro 256G Hard Drive
Corsair 860 PSU
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

gruffle

Post by gruffle » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:52 am

that's a bit harsh on the mods for me.
pretty much invaraibly mods on all forums including here do an outstanding job patrolling the excesses of the internet.
Never seen a requirement for them to keep forums updated with news though, even if they choose to do so on occasion.

This being a Tacx hosted forum, placing that ball in Tacx court would be entirely reasonable, though instead of embracing this forum as sadly they mostly wrecked this place some time back and barely seem to pay it lip service.

@Tacx Video Production's constructive input shows just how quickly a little positive support can balloon into a growing fan base, alas his is a lone voice mostly. I would genuinely have bought every RLV made had I ever got past the frustrations of TTS crashing most every time I started it. Revenue.Lost.

Tacx as a company remain something of an enigma, one one hand genuinely creating interesting technology, on the other hand appearing to view their client base as an inconvenience. I am only part time in cycling these days and my circle of contacts is limited, but even in those I keep in touch with, this view is commonly held about Tacx and at 4 people I know bought into trainers and now got out have sworn never to touch Tacx again,
Pity really, opportunity missed.

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:08 am

I wouldn't say opportunity missed I would put it the opposite way, opportunity gained. If not for my dissatisfaction with the course that Tacx has taken, moving away from VR, I would not have been searching for other options. I am now in the group of beta testers for VirtuGo which I am excited about. Plus all the talk of the resolutions choices and payment options for TDA I have revisited the folks at Veloreality. They do offer 4K now and from what they said it is amazing. It's been proven that the subscription model doesn't benefit the consumer in the long term as much as owning the films,just ask DC Rainmaker, and I firmly believe that to be true. Anyway, the future still looks bright as far as enjoyment I'll get from riding my trainer.
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Mobo
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Nvidia GTX 980 4095 GDDR5 Mem
Samsung 840 Pro 256G Hard Drive
Corsair 860 PSU
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

gruffle

Post by gruffle » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:15 am

again though - the one thing Tacx can offer is the coherence of hardware software and media.

Most of the time I agree open source or mix and match is the way to go, indeed as I do for much of my other "tech"; but what I need from the trainer is to switch it on and train on a neat and tidy solution for the domestic environment to be used in the limited time I have available. This is what I looked for in Tacx, and what Tacx should have delivered but failed.

Whilst I fully understand the cost model of subscription or owning can be important to some, for me it is not a deal-breaker either way - so long as it works!

I highly respect DCR's opinions but there are different classes of users out there, particularly those that are full time dedicated pro's/am's but there are also the more causal users too with somewhat different priorities, DCR is more the former obviously and myself the latter these days.

The one and only thing that keeps me vaguely here is Phil's excellent videos which I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the detailed effort that goes into them which sets them in a class apart from the endless other "home movies" out there, just that I am totally under-invested due to Tacx issues.

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:35 pm

gruffle wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:26 pm
existing users who missed the upgrade.
It’s still available, see viewtopic.php?f=60&t=34596&p=205988#p205988

gruffle

Post by gruffle » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:21 pm

unfortunately not

holland sold out
Canada stupid price
Excitingentire .. um wasn't born yesterday

thanks for the suggestions though.
I think i'll wait to see if Phil's expectation that ANT support will be added comes to pass.

Blueberry

Post by Blueberry » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:26 pm

how pathetic of you all ... nobody has yet seen the real TDA and how it will work and so ... but everyone is ranting about TACX and their software ... even TTS get it`s share here ... come on guys, give them a break! :D

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”