MAC release tracking for Q1 still?

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

Dr Teeth

MAC release tracking for Q1 still?

Post by Dr Teeth » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:44 pm

Anybody know if the MAC release is still on target for Q1?

martin_vortex

Re: MAC release tracking for Q1 still?

Post by martin_vortex » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:54 pm

Generally, it's frightening quiet around TDA :?: :?: :?:
I thought of that while riding my bike.
Albert Einstein
On the Theory of Relativity.

Mickb

Post by Mickb » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:09 pm

I wish they were capable of explaining it to me as Im actually just about suicidal.. a years work flushed down the toilet
Really sorry to hear your work has not been rewarded!
I am on PC and have hung on waiting for subscription announcement based on promised variety plus the quality of the material. (Rode all the free films, some several times). Prior to this I had rarely used RLV (I own 3 or 4 two of which were free downloads as recompense for the long outage of street view last year). I preferred GPS (street view when it works!) along side a few favourite VR rides as this mix offered more cost effective variety - which is the most important issue for me to alleviate boredom of winter training. The promise of a big choice on a subscription model had caught my interest as I experimented with a free one month subscription to Bkool last year and got on pretty well with its similar model.
Poor marketing by Tacx though as I will not be taking this up this year now. Already looking at renewing my subscription to Bkool now I know that it looks like another month's wait. Not as good for quality but a huge variety of films to entertain during the wet & cold northern UK, Pennine months!
Seems logical that if they had rotated the free films Tacx might have kept interest better but, hey, what do I know about marketing! :(

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:41 pm

I dont blame you, I even caved in & rode Zwift this week properly for the 1st time.. :? Its a horrible looking thing but fancied some company

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:05 pm

I will say also that I did see the Mac version running last week, its very smooth looks spot on the same as the PC version (you need a eye for fine detail to spot the difference as I did not).. But it follows the PC development so if thats delayed then so is the Mac version..

Mickb

Post by Mickb » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 pm

I dont blame you, I even caved in & rode Zwift this week properly for the 1st time. Its a horrible looking thing but fancied some company
DONE!!
£7.99 for a month's subscription to BKool (9 Euro/ US $11) Spent over an hour playing with their new filmed "classes" training sessions/FTP test & videos. Your videos are fabulous Phil but the 10 km "Vuelta del Garmin Barcelona Triathlon" which I rode this afternoon was filmed with large sections riding behind a swim suit clad, extremely shapely female German athlete :D :D :D (Sorry Tony Martin but............!)
Also four other riders "live" to compete with so well entertained on this little test route! :lol:
Guess they will get my subs which could have gone to Tacx.
If BKool had a 3 month reduced price fee I would have gone for that (their only options are one or twelve months)
Sorry Tacx but you just haven't got your act together on this launch!

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:14 pm

Mickb wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 pm
I dont blame you, I even caved in & rode Zwift this week properly for the 1st time. Its a horrible looking thing but fancied some company
DONE!!
£7.99 for a month's subscription to BKool (9 Euro/ US $11) Spent over an hour playing with their new filmed "classes" training sessions/FTP test & videos. Your videos are fabulous Phil but the 10 km "Vuelta del Garmin Barcelona Triathlon" which I rode this afternoon was filmed with large sections riding behind a swim suit clad, extremely shapely female German athlete :D :D :D (Sorry Tony Martin but............!)
Also four other riders "live" to compete with so well entertained on this little test route! :lol:
Guess they will get my subs which could have gone to Tacx.
If BKool had a 3 month reduced price fee I would have gone for that (their only options are one or twelve months)
Sorry Tacx but you just haven't got your act together on this launch!
Im kind of Sad to think Ive probably lost out on a few pence there Mike.. I hope you come back one day :wink:

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Just send him the old Roth triathlon RLV or the ride with the Wiggle Honda team RLV... :lol: You do compete well in the „well shaped“ section... :mrgreen:

Blueberry

Post by Blueberry » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:35 pm

well, I never ever understood the way Tacx published and released the "old" RLV ... and it seems that they didn`t bother to change it with the new TDA ,,,
When do they want to come out with it? In springtime, when the weather will be nice and everybody will be riding outside again?

As I don`t have a Win 10 PC is was waiting for the Mac - OS version since it was announced a long time ago ... but I must say I lost interest and as much I like to get a new a maybe better software I think I`ll stay with the TTS 4...

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:45 pm

Ive seen the mac version running a fairly standard Macpro 13" a couple of weeks ago, was super smooth, looked more or less identical to the PC version. I guess they cant be far from starting the open Beta for it so if your a mac fan hang about & you could end up with free access if Tacx finds your feedback helpful. I have a small fleet of mac here for the video editing so looking forward to watching it run on a 5K retina display! Will be great if the 4K versions work also..it should be jaw on the floor nice if you come from one of our competitors!

For the PC W10 version, Tacx now has a release date finally....its soon ;-)

Blueberry

Post by Blueberry » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:58 pm

Tacx Video Production wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:45 pm
Ive seen the mac version running a fairly standard Macpro 13" a couple of weeks ago, was super smooth, looked more or less identical to the PC version. I guess they cant be far from starting the open Beta for it so if your a mac fan hang about & you could end up with free access if Tacx finds your feedback helpful. I have a small fleet of mac here for the video editing so looking forward to watching it run on a 5K retina display! Will be great if the 4K versions work also..it should be jaw on the floor nice if you come from one of our competitors!

For the PC W10 version, Tacx now has a release date finally....its soon ;-)
well, I think I`ll will try the Beta when it`s out ... I`m much too curious to ignore it ... :)

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:18 pm

Blueberry wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:58 pm
well, I think I`ll will try the Beta when it`s out ... I`m much too curious to ignore it ... :)
Thats great, you will probably be on the mac RLV Beta test team as there does not seem to be many left in this forum ;-)

ylan

Post by ylan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 pm

Still awaiting the Mac version on iMac 5K :wink:

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:51 pm

I hope all those reading this with a mac hang about, the software is nice as in its a great tool to run the films, you also need to know we have been filming all last year so there is a long list of great rides many of which will be available in 4K also that so far almost nobody has cycled ;-)

Codrut

Post by Codrut » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:26 am

I keep coming back to the Tacx website to check when the Mac version will be available. Now seems it has been pushed to Q2.

Lunatix
Site Admin

Post by Lunatix » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:46 pm

The Mac version is in closed beta testing. Once tacx clears it for "open" beta. It'll be , just like windows, released to the public via the app store and people will be able to play around with it :)
I don't check the forums that often anymore so i missed this post ;-) So there you go , some feedback

Dr Teeth

Post by Dr Teeth » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:05 pm

Ha! Thanks Lunatix :D

Emilyemms

Post by Emilyemms » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:45 am

ylan wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 pm
Still awaiting the Mac version on iMac 5K :wink:
Hi, do you know if I can use 2 of these displays [commercial link deleted by Forum Moderator] with a 12” MacBook? Either as 3 total displays or just the 2 external displays? Thanks!

ttelmah

Post by ttelmah » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:12 pm

That's not a display. That's a complete iMac. i5 3GHz processor for the link you give.
The Macbook Pro supports two external screens. Don't think the 12" standard Macbook does.
According to Apple:

"This MacBook can simultaneously support the internal display as well as up to 3840x2160 at 30 Hz or up to 4096x2160 at 24Hz on one external display."

Note 'one'.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:20 pm

I can say it runs lightning fast if you have good internet speed on a late 2015 imac 5K with dual display, I can open the app & start a ride inside 4 seconds :wink: although the app can only make use of one of the displays.

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”