Release notes

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

Tommo

Release notes

Post by Tommo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:37 am

With today's update, are there any release notes anywhere to explain what's fixed or improved? The notes on the Windows App Store still seem to refer to an earlier release?
Neo Smart
TTS4 4.22.6.0
TDA
Windows 10 64bit
Intel Core i3 540 3.07ghz
4GB Memory
ASUS AMD Radeon R7 240 2 GB DDR3
BenQ W1070+ 1080P HD Projector

Spiix
Developer

Re: Release notes

Post by Spiix » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:42 am

Appearantly the microsoft store doesn't update both at the same time.
The version has been released, the accompanying texts are still pending.
I'll just put them here as well then.

Fixes :
Fixed a possible crash on some system locales
Fixed an issue with getting courses
Fixed an issue with detail graph's color outline
Fixed an issue with devices select all

A van Ark

Post by A van Ark » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:15 am

Hi Spiix,

Will TDA run on a cpu without L3-cache?

On my system with an old Xeon E5420 cpu TDA always freezes.

Thx in advance for you answer.
Biofeedback voorkomt burn-out en overtraining
Praktijk voor biofeedback en coaching in Amersfoort en Nijkerk Midden Nederland
http://www.vabs.nl/

Spiix
Developer

Post by Spiix » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:45 am

Like you've seen, without L3 cache it'll run, but very very badly.
So in general, no.

Some CPU's without L3 cache would theoretically be able to run TDA fine, but their cores would have to be extremely powerful on their own.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:30 pm

Spiix wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:45 am
Like you've seen, without L3 cache it'll run, but very very badly.
So in general, no.

Some CPU's without L3 cache would theoretically be able to run TDA fine, but their cores would have to be extremely powerful on their own.
I was running TDA without an L3 cache CPU (it was an older 3 GHz quad-core) and many videos would run without any problems. Issues generally occurred in certain portions of the video where frame rates got high due to slow downs, such as sharp corners. I found that if I turned off the map widget (in the upper right hand corner), it helped a lot.

After upgrading to the same CPU but with L3 cache, the video improved, but there were still occasional freezes and jumps, but no crashes. After upgrading to a newer and better quality entry level gaming video card, the freezes and jumps appear to have gone away. (This is all for HD 1080P videos. No 4k tests.)

As a result, I also think just as significant is the strength of the video card. A video card that enables H.264 accelerated hardware decoding helps a great deal as it takes load off the CPU. (The TDA videos are all MPEG-4 H.264 encoded.)

I think Tacx needs to publish video card minimum and recommended standards for TDA.

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:37 pm

I rode the Gorge Du Verdon ride yesterday at 1080p and the playback was great until a sharp right into the village after a fast descent cause the picture to break up and freeze. It recovered about 3 or 4 seconds later but this seemed to break the map widget because from there on, the map moved and rotated but the green dot and trace had got stuck and never moved again. I don't have a high spec video card and would rather not have to spend more money on a better one just so i can go round a corner without the picture break up! :-)
Neo Smart
TTS4 4.22.6.0
TDA
Windows 10 64bit
Intel Core i3 540 3.07ghz
4GB Memory
ASUS AMD Radeon R7 240 2 GB DDR3
BenQ W1070+ 1080P HD Projector

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Tommo wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:37 pm
I rode the Gorge Du Verdon ride yesterday at 1080p and the playback was great until a sharp right into the village after a fast descent cause the picture to break up and freeze. It recovered about 3 or 4 seconds later but this seemed to break the map widget because from there on, the map moved and rotated but the green dot and trace had got stuck and never moved again. I don't have a high spec video card and would rather not have to spend more money on a better one just so i can go round a corner without the picture break up! :-)
There is not a lot you can in TDA as you are exceeding the playback capability of your video card and CPU. However, you might try turning off the map widget and downloading the lower resolution standard definition video rather than the 1080P HD. It is possible that the video card is not the limiting factor. 4GB of ram is on the small side for most PC's today, so doubling that might help. If you use Windows Task Manager to look at the CPU, RAM, and video card performance, you might be able to pinpoint the cause.

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”