Unwanted file uploads to cloud & consequent "My courses"

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

Mickb

Unwanted file uploads to cloud & consequent "My courses"

Post by Mickb » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:01 am

Unlike those of you who are having difficulty with data not uploading, I wondered if anyone knows how to either stop unwanted sections of rides uploading or remove the "My courses" which then get inserted into the drop down menu for the video (coloured yellow with yellow bar against them). Unlike TTS4 there is no option as to whether to save or not & no option to remove seems to exist within the app.
I was showing the new films to someone who was considering buying a trainer and we rode a few bits of a route as demo.
Deleted the subsequent "activities" from my cloud account but the unwanted tiny bits of courses remain in the app display.
Tacx support told me that deleting from the cloud would also remove from the app but, when it didn't, they said they needed to ask how to remove these. The support ticket now says "Resolved" & they have not re-contacted me.
Any ideas from you guys or is this just a gliche in the beta version?
Seems logical to me to be able to choose whether to save a ride or not and also to be able to edit which sections of route are kept as courses.
Am I missing something obvious??

Alex Masalovich

Re: Unwanted file uploads to cloud & consequent "My courses"

Post by Alex Masalovich » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:25 am

Obviously, you need to analyze where (in which folders) the application locally stores its data. I personally have Windows 7, so I'm only here as an outside observer.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

Mickb

Post by Mickb » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Obviously, you need to analyze where (in which folders) the application locally stores its data. I personally have Windows 7, so I'm only here as an outside observer.
Have looked in as many of the usual suspect places as I can think of for "Tacx related folders" Must be hidden somewhere that a numpty like me hasn't thought of!
I thought that maybe someone on here might have a better idea of where to look, hence the post.
Not too much of an issue but just interested to see if it can be sorted as well as pointing it up here and with support as a minor tweak which could be addressed in future upgrades.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:50 pm

Mickb wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:10 pm
Have looked in as many of the usual suspect places as I can think of for "Tacx related folders" Must be hidden somewhere that a numpty like me hasn't thought of!
I thought that maybe someone on here might have a better idea of where to look, hence the post.
Not too much of an issue but just interested to see if it can be sorted as well as pointing it up here and with support as a minor tweak which could be addressed in future upgrades.
Its all on the cloud, nothing is stored locally other then your ride data which then gets uploaded. Ive no idea why the files are displayed like they are, Im sure an ability to delete them will come sooner rather then later.

Lunatix
Site Admin

Post by Lunatix » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:31 am

Currently we upload all the training data to the cloud so no activities are lost. To create an activity however the cloud requires you to have a "course".
In TDA we show all available courses for a particular ride that you can start. Aka all the ones you made yourself, people that put it to public and your followers.

In the future there should be a delete option for courses you don't want anymore. There are several options to have a better course management system but currently very little is supported by the cloud for this so a delete option will be step 1.

Mickb

Post by Mickb » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:36 pm

Currently we upload all the training data to the cloud so no activities are lost. To create an activity however the cloud requires you to have a "course".
In TDA we show all available courses for a particular ride that you can start. Aka all the ones you made yourself, people that put it to public and your followers.

In the future there should be a delete option for courses you don't want anymore. There are several options to have a better course management system but currently very little is supported by the cloud for this so a delete option will be step 1.
Weirdly all the "My Course" rides which had been created in my app have now disappeared! :o
I guess somebody, somewhere pushed some magic button or the system just took days to recognise that the rides had been deleted from the cloud.
Ahh..........the mysteries of modern tech! :) :)

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”