TDA Feedback

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-be/store/p ... 40kx?rtc=1

Moderators: mcorn, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

djagerif

TDA Feedback

Post by djagerif » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:25 am

Riding my first RLV on TDA today and it looked and worked flawlessly with my Neo. I had to search a bit where to find the Videos but once there rode the Lombardy - Lago d'Iseo route. It's now my favourite recovery/easy ride route.

One thing looks odd though, on Strava the elevation is a bit messed up, 40% at one point :? . The starting time on Strava is also out by one hour, it might be timezone related so will check it out, otherwise works like a charm.

Ingo

wasupwitdat1

Re: TDA Feedback

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:43 am

I downloaded the app on my desktop which I wasn't to happy about because my Windows 10 PC is not the PC I use for TTS4 and the PC is on the opposite side of the room meaning I would have to turn the trainer, mat, and everything else 180 degrees. Also the Windows 10 machine is not connected to my 42" TV, I have to use a 28' monitor. But those are my problems. One other problem is I have a Logitech Bluetooth dongle but it won't work, so I have to buy a ASUS dongle or something like it as soon as I locate one on the list. I downloaded a RLV video which was a lot quicker than I have ever experienced. I can't wait to try this so I can make my own opinion as to move forward with it. I wonder how long the Beta is going to be available.
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Mobo
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Nvidia GTX 980 4095 GDDR5 Mem
Samsung 840 Pro 256G Hard Drive
Corsair 860 PSU
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Mickb

Post by Mickb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:39 am

Lago d'Iseo route.
One thing looks odd though, on Strava the elevation is a bit messed up, 40% at one point
Ditto! I have exactly the same issue with elevation on Strava and this route. Deleted from Strava and reloaded from Tacx cloud in case it was a communications error but still the same result. I then wondered if there is any connection between the long tunnel sections in the film and the elevation discrepancies. A quick look, by zooming satellite map screen, seems to indicate a match up of the corrupted elevation sections to this theory. Not sure why it should be though unless Strava cross-references to its own expected elevation in some way!

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Mickb wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:39 am
Lago d'Iseo route.
One thing looks odd though, on Strava the elevation is a bit messed up, 40% at one point
Ditto! I have exactly the same issue with elevation on Strava and this route. Deleted from Strava and reloaded from Tacx cloud in case it was a communications error but still the same result. I then wondered if there is any connection between the long tunnel sections in the film and the elevation discrepancies. A quick look, by zooming satellite map screen, seems to indicate a match up of the corrupted elevation sections to this theory. Not sure why it should be though unless Strava cross-references to its own expected elevation in some way!
Its strava using landsat data for the elevation profile..this does not see tunnels or bridges so you can get odd looking profiles in Strava.. Thats not the data you have when riding.

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Strava forces its own elevation model upon anything it deems „not from a barometric altimeter“, which unfortunately includes RLVs. Presently they are working to improve their elevation model by using data from the multitude of uploads from Garmin edge units having barometric altitude measurement. I think this will take some time to cover any road on the Globe and in the meantime, we will have folks seeing near-perfect Strava altitude and folks seeing the prior and present junk Strava elevation data, depending on the road in question.

djagerif

Post by djagerif » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Thanks for the clarification about elevation. It's actually not a big deal but you sometimes have to fend off questions on how in the world you rode 40% elevation... :P

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:47 pm

djagerif wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:41 pm
Thanks for the clarification about elevation. It's actually not a big deal but you sometimes have to fend off questions on how in the world you rode 40% elevation... :P
I know someone (that may even read this) that sits at a desk at Tacx & uploads rides that have been done in simulation mode....you can see his heart rate rise above 60bpm when he gets up to get a coffee :wink:

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:37 am

The more I used TDA the more I am falling out of love with it. Well, I never was in love but at first I felt more positive about it and that has changed. One thing I don't like about Zwift is the HUD displays and that seems to be the case with TDA. I rode the Lombardy - Lago d'Iseo tonight and the HUD's get in the view. I know they can be turned off but I still want to see the metrics which are currently in the upper left located down at the bottom of the screen as with TTS4. They would not be in the view of the high quality video I am trying to watch but I could still get that information without having to toggle buttons on a keyboard. I then went to TTS4 and started up a video and I immediately liked it better. Putting HUD's in and obstructing the view is a bad idea IMO.
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Corsair 860 PSU

martin_vortex

Post by martin_vortex » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:59 am

wasupwitdat1 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:37 am
The more I used TDA the more I am falling out of love with it. Well, I never was in love but at first I felt more positive about it and that has changed. One thing I don't like about Zwift is the HUD displays and that seems to be the case with TDA. I rode the Lombardy - Lago d'Iseo tonight and the HUD's get in the view. I know they can be turned off but I still want to see the metrics which are currently in the upper left located down at the bottom of the screen as with TTS4. They would not be in the view of the high quality video I am trying to watch but I could still get that information without having to toggle buttons on a keyboard. I then went to TTS4 and started up a video and I immediately liked it better. Putting HUD's in and obstructing the view is a bad idea IMO.
I love the HUD (transparency info window), since a few months in my car and now also in TDA, perfect!
I thought of that while riding my bike.
Albert Einstein
On the Theory of Relativity.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:23 am

wasupwitdat1 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:37 am
I really like the GUI as it is & by the looks of it I suspect most others do, where ever you place this information it will either obscure the view of the road or result in some video being cut...if you place it all under the road then you will change the video perspective & thus some of the video will be cut & thrown away or not recorded at all..Its too late the entire collection is now 16:9 which is full screen for nearly everyone.

The issue here is I think Training Focus... When your training hard normally your focused on a single number or perhaps two numbers at max, Maybe the solution would be to have a optional 'Training Focus' Data metric that can be displayed Centre Bottom?

I know Tacx will be adding workouts & there are already hidden icons & signs to keep you inside your training Zones or workout protocol. I understand the issue is one for those that are doing a workout rather then looking at the road & scenery.. The data is there up in the left when needed just as it when outside when you will glance down briefly at your Garmin..Its a glance to the left to be sure the effort your feeling matches that of fact, the longer you can go without needing to look the better you are at pacing & understanding the art of effort...the more you can look at the scenery ahead & the better you will be out on the road in a time trial or attacking in a race... But thats the argument for sticking the data out of the way slightly with the focus on the road terrain.

something like this?

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:43 pm

I guess the HUD's would be good for most people who want their training metrics slapping them in the face non-stop, and providing the accuracy of the data, which seems to get a lot of comments. I haven't been putting a lot of value in what's reported for things like Power and gradients because I don't have a coach or even care to race anymore. I just enjoy a good workout and at the end of the ride looking at some of the stats to see if I actually worked as hard as I imagined.

By the way martin_vortex from the Netherlands, I am loving the Van Nicholas Skeiron bike I just bought from the Netherlands. Great support from that company and very responsive.
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Corsair 860 PSU

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:59 pm

wasupwitdat1 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:43 pm
I guess the HUD's would be good for most people who want their training metrics slapping them in the face non-stop, and providing the accuracy of the data, which seems to get a lot of comments. I haven't been putting a lot of value in what's reported for things like Power and gradients because I don't have a coach or even care to race anymore. I just enjoy a good workout and at the end of the ride looking at some of the stats to see if I actually worked as hard as I imagined.

By the way martin_vortex from the Netherlands, I am loving the Van Nicholas Skeiron bike I just bought from the Netherlands. Great support from that company and very responsive.
You can turn it all off via alt-Z or the Numpad keys :wink: There is no win with the GUI if the data was all under the video then you would have less video..We at least have now more video..you can turn it all off & have a 100% full HD if you have a typical 16:9 display...TTS4 was only 992p because of the data bar. I think the way it is good. there is not normally all that much to see in the top left or right, the bottom is normally just Tarmac so its fitting to have the profile that obviously can not go on the side...there is not a lot of choices.

martin_vortex

Post by martin_vortex » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:49 pm

Tacx Video Production wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:59 pm
wasupwitdat1 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:43 pm

You can turn it all off via alt-Z or the Numpad keys :wink: There is no win with the GUI if the data was all under the video then you would have less video..We at least have now more video..you can turn it all off & have a 100% full HD if you have a typical 16:9 display...TTS4 was only 992p because of the data bar. I think the way it is good. there is not normally all that much to see in the top left or right, the bottom is normally just Tarmac so its fitting to have the profile that obviously can not go on the side...there is not a lot of choices.
Dutch products aren’t too bad… :wink:
PS
I’m running out of the free films, is there already info about when the subscription will become vailable :?:
Albert Einstein

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:12 am

I did the Ghent City Trip tonight and glad I did. Well not so glad actually because when I reached the cobbles section my Neo started spitting and kicking back in an erratic fashion and it baffled me as to what was going on. I never tried the road feel option ever before and I didn't want to try it during this Ghent ride. I found out real quick that I don't like the road feel if that is what I was experiencing. I quit the TDA program and started it back up again and went to the Ghent video again and selected that one tiny portion of the course that is cobbles. Again the Neo started kicking erratically. That ended it for me. Can't you turn off road feel in TDA or is this going to be automatic?
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Corsair 860 PSU

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:00 pm

You‘ll find this setting in the „Training“ tab of the Settings menu. It‘s set to full effect by default in TDA.
http://tacx.com/support/Tacx_Desktop_app_manual.pdf

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:35 pm

Thanks. I haven't seen that manual yet but it was very helpful and answered some other questions I had also. :wink:
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Corsair 860 PSU

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Another question.
Is all the activities or rides I have done that get stored in the cloud going to stay there forever or do I have the option to delete selected rides? I can't find a way to delete some rides I don't want saved.
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Corsair 860 PSU

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:32 pm

wasupwitdat1 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:49 pm
Another question.
Is all the activities or rides I have done that get stored in the cloud going to stay there forever or do I have the option to delete selected rides? I can't find a way to delete some rides I don't want saved.
It was like the first thing I asked for when I 1st see the cloud also....How on earth do I delete all these meaningless test rides etc! Im sure it will come, just now it feels like the Tacx cloud has been in stasis for the last year but they have a quite a lot of developers busy so Im sure something is happening... Im going up to the developers office (the TDA part) this week & should hopefully know wtf is going on with it all...

martin_vortex

Post by martin_vortex » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:16 pm

The concept is excellent, the films are nice, the application is ok, so where they are waiting for?
Albert Einstein

wasupwitdat1

Post by wasupwitdat1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:07 am

maybe waiting for more options to get implemented like Ant+ so those can be tested also. I get the impression Tacx feels it's safer to have regular real world users testing this stuff fully this time than to get the bad reviews that have been so common in the past. I'm happy they are taking their time and obviously want to get this right.
NEO W2017
TTS4 4.22.7.0
Sony 49X900E 4K TV
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.9 GHz
16Gb Ram @ 1600 MHz
Corsair 860 PSU

Return to “Tacx Desktop app (TDA)”